Poor quality video?

Upscaling....Never understood the point, because it really isn't true 4K

The point is in marketing to folks who do not know what 4K means and won't take the time to learn about it. All they know is that someone said 4K was best so they bought into the fairytale :(

Phil

The point is in marketing to folks who do not know what 4K means and won't take the time to learn about it. All they know is that someone said 4K was best so they bought into the fairytale :(

Phil

4K...just not true 4k! Viofo A129 Pro is true 4K of course. But lot of imitators out there.

And to paraphrase a misquote on Mr Spock, "Its 4k Jim, but not as we know it."

But I suppose the misquote must be a 'real quotation' factoid.

There is one indisputable fact though. The 750 is NOT 4k so why are we even talking about 4k in a 750 thread? :ROFLMAO:

There is one indisputable fact though. The 750 is NOT 4k so why are we even talking about 4k in a 750 thread? :ROFLMAO:

Maybe because such is normal here on DCT? :rolleyes: But you are correct. The DR750 does OK with vids; not the best in it's class but then again it's not the newest model either. Still a good choice for most folks and reliable- something which some of the 'better' cams are still having trouble with, but a very important aspect of dashcams ;)

Phil

Maybe because such is normal here on DCT? :rolleyes: But you are correct. The DR750 does OK with vids; not the best in it's class but then again it's not the newest model either. Still a good choice for most folks and reliable- something which some of the 'better' cams are still having trouble with, but a very important aspect of dashcams ;)

Phil
some cameras try and be all things to all people, keep adding features and something is going to break

OK so the firmware update seemed to help the video quality. Only problem is I tried to go back into the settings via WiFi to change it back to 60FPS and it refuses to connect. It takes forever to show up on my phone then when it does every time I tap on the network it says connecting for one second then refuses. I get three taps and then the network disappears. What a joke.

Have you even considered the vague possibility that it might just be you phone or a setting thereon that is causing the problem? If your phone is not connecting to the cam, how on earth can you blame the cam for the "three taps and you're out" problem?

Just how long is "forever". It takes a couple of tens of seconds to show up on my phone WiFi list.

Before I updated the camera firmware I had zero issue seeing or connecting to the camera. I haven't updated my phone (S9+) since the camera update.

Back