portable power bank - input & output amperes and voltages

• Thread starter Deleted member 56412
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56412

I am trying to connect viofo a129 directly to a portable power bank while driving and also parking to avoid draining car battery.
Back in Apr 1, 2017, I found the thread of "power bank when parked up".
The members talked about (a) PowerAdd Pilot E2 12,000 mAh pack and (b) Bottom line is that a decent 10,000 mAh to 20,ooo mAh lithium battery.
Does anyone know what input & output amperes and voltages work for sure? I did not find the same one with (a) on Internet.

I connected viofo a129 to the portable power bank below but the dashcam did not work.
100 Percent MPU951 Portable Charger:
input: DC 18V = 1A
USB output: DC 5V = 2.4A
AC Output: AC 120V/60Hz
Capacity: 11600mAh
AC Output Power:65W
Lithium-ion Battery

viofo a129 car charger adapter spec is input: DC 12V-24V, output: DC 5V/3.1A

It is possible that this power bank simply does not work, like most others. see reviews (74 customer reviews | 41 answered questions): https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LB3U8X8I would try to connect a smartphone to this and see if it can charge it.
The purpose of this device is not quite clear, if it is an AC inverter for battery power, then why is nothing indicated about it?
100 PERCENT MPU951BK.jpg

Leonauto, Thanks for the reply. The 100 Percent MPU951 Portable Charger can charge smartphone, and it has no problem. Viofo a129 can work when it is connected to my car cigarette socket, but can't work when connected to the Portable Charger. So I suspect the portable charger's output input amperes and voltages do not right. viofo a129 car charger adapter spec is input: DC 12V-24V, output: DC 5V/3.1A. That's why I'd like to know what output & input amperes and voltages at a portable bank should work with viofo a129 when the two are directly connected.

jokiin, thanks for the message. [the power bank (ON)]===[viofo a129] : viofo a129 is NOT turned ON. [my car cigarette socket]===[viofo a129] : viofo a129 is turned and stayed ON while my car is ON

jokiin, thanks for the message again. No. I actually pressed viofo a129's buttons when I connected to the power bank, but the dashcam was not turned on. So it is impossible to manually turn it on...

jokiin, yes I did that to find out why this happened. Cables have no problem. So I am wondering if the power bank does not supply sufficient ampere and voltage that viofo a129 needs.

The power bank spec is these below, would viofo a129 work if a power bank output ampere was 3.1A?? (*)
input: DC 18V = 1A
USB output: DC 5V = 2.4A (*)
AC Output: AC 120V/60Hz
Capacity: 11600mAh
AC Output Power:65W

car charger adapter says that input: DC 12V-24V, output: DC 5V/3.1A.

I see.. jokiin, thanks for teaching me that.

I just got one more power bank (same spec and same company). I will test with the one again tonight.

and I will also try this below;
[outlet at home]==(iPhone charging cable (USB port))==((USB port) viofo a129).

jokiin and Leonaut, Viofo a129 worked with the power bank.

I realised I need to press the side button for USB port.
The power bank has two ports - outlet and USB. When using USB port, you need to press the side button for 5 secs.

I appreciate your time. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3076.JPG
    IMG_3076.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3077.JPG
    IMG_3077.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 14
Back