Possible hardwiring issues on a 2022 Palisade?

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
My DR650 GW 1Ch has served me well for 7 plus years, recorded over 180,000 km and on the original 32 GB SD card.. and still going strong! (y) But with a new Palisade coming in February possibly going to upgrade rather than pull the old 650 out.

Anyone with thoughts or advice on issues I might have hardwiring a 900X plus? What fuses/circuits to tie into and is there anything kinky with circuit load control I might encounter. I understand it comes with a hard wiring kit that allows parking mode. I seldom use parking mode but would be nice to have.. and I assume it is user selected... as in, I can wire the feature in but turn it off.

Thanks for your time/ thoughts
Ralph

The basic process is usually the same for most vehicles. (not sure about electrics or hybrids)

Tools required :
  • Fuse taps in required fuse size for your car (two required usually)
  • Extra Fuses 5, 10, 15, 20 amps
  • A multi-meter or a simple voltage tester/probe for 12v+volts
  • Electrical Tape
  • Wire stripper
Steps required (this includes parking mode trigger - optional) :
  1. Locate your fuse box and fuse map (Palisade edition)
  2. Find a fuse with 12 volt constant with ignition OFF or ON. (use a non essential fuse like cigarette lighter, etc)
  3. Find a fuse with 12 volt only when ignition is ON/ACC (use a non essential fuse like cigarette lighter, tray light, accessory, etc)
  4. Run your dash camera power cable to the fuse box location.
  5. Insert fuse taps and connect ACC (if needed) and 12 volt cable. (make sure the fuse taps are inserted in the correct direction)
  6. Adjust your battery Protection settings. (if needed)
  7. Test to make sure camera turns on, goes into parking mode (if needed) and original device (connected to fuse) still has power.
NOTE. Do not tap fuses linked to air bags, sensors, alarms, processors or any other essential circuits needed to operate the vehicle.

(You will have a bad time).

I would recommend everyone get a battery pack to power your dash camera (like a cellink neo), if you require parking mode recording.

The battery pack will only charge while the car is running and provides dash camera power when the car is ON or OFF.

No worries about draining your main battery. I learned the hard way long ago. :LOL:

NOTE. The DR900x Plus comes with a cigarette lighter power cable. You could just plug that in and be done with it.

My DR650 GW 1Ch has served me well for 7 plus years, recorded over 180,000 km and on the original 32 GB SD card.. and still going strong! (y) But with a new Palisade coming in February possibly going to upgrade rather than pull the old 650 out.

Anyone with thoughts or advice on issues I might have hardwiring a 900X plus? What fuses/circuits to tie into and is there anything kinky with circuit load control I might encounter. I understand it comes with a hard wiring kit that allows parking mode. I seldom use parking mode but would be nice to have.. and I assume it is user selected... as in, I can wire the feature in but turn it off.

Thanks for your time/ thoughts
Ralph

PS. I believe the hardwring kit is extra, unless the seller includes it free.

Back