Possible issue? Power led on cam stays on when car is off

OcularPatdown

Reaction score
Country
United States
I discovered the first led light on the camera for power/record is on when I got into my car and the camera slightly warm to the touch. I assume the camera getting warm is normal when it's on.

My a129 is wired to my car via viofo's hardwire cable. Parking mode is disabled. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, the light just stays on and nothing gets recorded afterwards. Pressing on the buttons don't do anything while it's in this state. In order for me to turn the camera off, I have to remove the cables and wait the the power from the capacitor to drain away.

What normally happens: Turn off car, wait a couple seconds, first led blinks multiple times rapidly, led is off, camera is off. I'm interested to know if this happened to anyone else and what's the solution, if any, to this issue.

I would update/reinstall the firmware (v1.5) and manually default the cameras settings after the update. Be sure to leave WiFi off when not actually using it.
What memory card are you using?

My wifi is off. I don't think I've ever used it. I'm using a 32gb transcend high endurance. I'm not sure which model. It has a gold background.

I discovered the first led light on the camera for power/record is on when I got into my car and the camera slightly warm to the touch. I assume the camera getting warm is normal when it's on.

My a129 is wired to my car via viofo's hardwire cable. Parking mode is disabled. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, the light just stays on and nothing gets recorded afterwards. Pressing on the buttons don't do anything while it's in this state. In order for me to turn the camera off, I have to remove the cables and wait the the power from the capacitor to drain away.

What normally happens: Turn off car, wait a couple seconds, first led blinks multiple times rapidly, led is off, camera is off. I'm interested to know if this happened to anyone else and what's the solution, if any, to this issue.

If you have already updated to firmware version 1.5, I would bet you are hardwired to a fuse that doesn't play nice.....

I had my camera hardwired to a fuse that I thought would be ok for "ACC". Come to find out it was connected to a system that was tied into other devices. So when I shut off my car and locked doors / folded mirrors, camera would come on...

Sounds like a similar issue in your case. Try hardwiring the ACC to another fuse and see if problem goes away.

If not, then check your battery's health. Set voltage to 12.2 and see if the problem resolves.

I did not reinstalled v1.5 yet. I haven't noticed the issue for the past couple of days but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Back