Possible SPAM?

@WendyLLL not only contacted willum, i also get this offer from them, i write it a few posts higher.

i answered them, that they can send me a free cam, and i will make an unbox and review on youtube...

they dont want my offer...

ok, i dont want their stuff

@WendyLLL not only contacted willum, i also get this offer from them, i write it a few posts higher.

i answered them, that they can send me a free cam, and i will make an unbox and review on youtube...

they dont want my offer...

ok, i dont want their stuff
I did see your post, zs77706 and, apologies, should have made it more obvious that I had.

I suspect WendyLLL is in China, but it is probably a real offer. It has to be done with a refund to get a verified Amazon review, and then you would be illegally breaking the Amazon rules, not them!

What puzzles me is why Wendy chose you, it is not like you are a frequent poster on the forum, or even a recent poster! Must be only interested in Amazon reviews, but they already have lots of Amazon reviews for all their cameras, including the unreleased ones, since they seem to be selling all their new cameras as versions (different colours) of their first camera and thus the good reviews for the first camera show up as validated reviews for the newest, even though they are completely different cameras and inappropriate! Makes it very difficult to find real reviews of the latest camera or to trust what is said in those reviews.

Like Kamkar said, if the cameras were really good then this wouldn't be necessary!

Nigel: 'She' probably trawled through and found I was recently asking about a failed Nextbase, told them I wasn't wasting money getting them to repair it, then shortly after asked about a Viofo.

Be interesting to see if anyone else gets asked..........
Will

Knowing Wendy is from Vantrue you can see what method they use to get reviews on their products, shows the value of the review system on Amazon and how easily it is manipulated

Vantrue recently made me a review offer through someone else. I could choose to buy through Amazon and get refunded, or they would send it for free. My debit card got hacked so no buying, but the camera sits here waiting for unboxing tomorrow after work. Would have been started already but I was very sick yesterday and had a rough day catching up today. Have to work some tomorrow to catch up.

So I don't think Vantrue has a problem, but perhaps an employee or contractor does. If @DashCamMan wants the details, he can PM me, and tomorrow will have to do for the rest of you as my unboxing review will give my details. And I saw but didn't read the 4 PM' s from Wendy via email alert which showed enough to make me suspicious. Had about 5 minutes out of bed yesterday morning which wasn't enough time to do anything. Thank god I can usually sleep through sickness to heal instead of laying awake in misery.

Back in action, but light-duty for a day or two ;)
Phil

Vantrue recently made me a review offer through someone else. I could choose to buy through Amazon and get refunded, or they would send it for free. My debit card got hacked so no buying, but the camera sits here waiting for unboxing tomorrow after work. Would have been started already but I was very sick yesterday and had a rough day catching up today. Have to work some tomorrow to catch up.

So I don't think Vantrue has a problem, but perhaps an employee or contractor does. If @DashCamMan wants the details, he can PM me, and tomorrow will have to do for the rest of you as my unboxing review will give my details. And I saw but didn't read the 4 PM' s from Wendy via email alert which showed enough to make me suspicious. Had about 5 minutes out of bed yesterday morning which wasn't enough time to do anything. Thank god I can usually sleep through sickness to heal instead of laying awake in misery.

Back in action, but light-duty for a day or two ;)
Phil

:nurse:......Hope you feel better soon, man.

Thanks, I am upright and moving again so I will take that as a win :)

Phil

any day above the ground is a good day ;)

Not if you are a ditch-digger or miner needing to work so you can eat :ROFLMAO: (edit: @country_hick beat me to the punchline)

Back on topic here, I have been in touch with Wasea at Vantrue who have sent me a cam for review, who explained that some of his colleagues were not aware of DCT rules and policies, and that no harm was meant. I think the problem will be solved now that they are aware of what is allowed here (y)

Phil

I got the same email which disappeared the following day.

Some of the manufactures are legitimate who offer dashcams. Some do reimburse you up front but they still ask that you buy through Amazon so the purchase appears as 'verified'.

Back