Possible to play .MOV files on iPhone with card reader?

Shaken

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am thinking seriously about buying the Mobius, but I think it's a very important feature to be able to show the video to the police officer on the scene of an accident. Anyone have experience with using an SD card reader to be able to review the video immediately? Or has anyone tried a micro USB to lightning cable?

Last edited:
Simplest solution that I have used is a wireless card reader. I bought the Kingston Mobilelite (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CEB5QU2)
The Mobilelite creates a network you can connect to with your iPhone, iPad or Android and play the files.

It works great viewing or even saving files. I can be used with Sd or Micro Sd card, USB thumb drives and even usb portable hard drives.

With some Android devices (Android 3.1 and above supports it but not all devices have it enabled ) you can use an OTG cable and a card to USB reader/adapter; just plug and play on the device. Would be easy to copy a file from the card to the device, replace the card reader with a thumb drive and copy the file back to be given to police; you would then retain the original in 2 places (card and device) and police would have a copy too.

Back