Power and Parking Mode question

Thanks Boss. That put my mind more at ease towards buying a SGGCX2PRO in the near future.

the majority of people run them off the car battery, one of our work vehicles is setup with 12 hour timer and has been like that for over a year, how much you drive will have an influence on what sort of long term impact that will have on vehicle battery life, I've got two hardwired in my work car running parking mode but I don't run them that long, X2PRO + rear cam and GPS draws on average 195mAh in timelapse parking mode
Hi Boss,

I have bought a SGGCX2PRO from Strathfield Car Radio, sorry I didn't ordered through your Street Guardian website, I hope you still receive some profit from the sale ;) Now the question is I am going to ordered the rear cam SGR291CAM and the hardwire parking kit SGX2HW from Street Guardian website, the fuses I am planning to use are (a photo of the fuse box diagram for my car Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 4WD below):
Fuse 18 Option 10A for constant power.
Fuse 19 Heated Door Mirror 7.5A for when car has started.
Those should be the correct fuses?

BTW my current SG9665GC is hardwired to Fuse 2 Cigarette Lighter 15A.

is fuse 18 constant power?
I am assuming yes because another Pajero Sport Facebook member installed a BlackVue 750 dual cams with hardwire kit, he uses Fuse 18 and 19, saying Fuse 18 for constant power. I guess Fuse 13 Room Lamp could be another option?

if that's permanent power then that would be fine, you could use the fuse you use now for ACC

what firmware version is installed on your camera now?

I have not received the dash cam yet, probably one day next week. I noticed you have posted a new beta firmware in this forum.

no problem, it will probably need the firmware changed, I think Strathfield stock has the X2PRO firmware, you'll need the X2PRO+ firmware to run the IMX291 rear camera, I'll send you details on how to do that

Thanks Boss, I can see a text file in that beta firmware ZIP pack containing instruction on how to update the firmware.

It's a two part process to do the update you will need to convert to PRO+ after that it will just be the one file each time like usual

I see. Cheers.

Just coming back to that parking hardware kit, does everyone have to connect the red Battery+ wire directly to the car battery, or any of the fuses is fine as long as it has constant power supply to it?

Back