Power bank recommendations

66dude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have a question... does anyone here have any recommendations for which power bank to get to run the dashcam's parking mode? Either a specific product recommendation or at least how many maHs or other specifications I should be on the lookout for. Also, once I get a power bank, what settings on the dashcam should I use to enable parking mode? Thanks in advance!

I just bought Anker Powercore 26800 external battery.

Thanks a lot for your recommendations! Another question... what settings on the dashcam should I use to utilize parking mode to its fullest? Thanks in advance!

How do you use these, do you manually remove the usb from the car power and plug it into the power bank each time you leave the car or are they intelligent to switch? Also what about charging them up when drained?

How do you use these, do you manually remove the usb from the car power and plug it into the power bank each time you leave the car or are they intelligent to switch? Also what about charging them up when drained?
Depends on the power bank, if you have a basic cheap powerbank then yes, plug it in to use it and charge it overnight at home, more expensive ones with USB PD charging will charge fast enough that they can be charged while driving but can't power the camera at the same time as charging, and some, like the Zendure X6, can be left plugged into the car charger and the camera plugged into the powerbank, it has "UPS Mode with Pass-Through Charging" (Uninterruptible Power supply).

I have this 300000mAh solar power bank. It's great, recommend it to you.

Attachments

• solar power bank.jpg
    solar power bank.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
Back