Power Bank to Dash Cam connecter, different types?

mpm235

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am a completely "non-tech" person, would like a bit of advice. I have thought of using a Power Bank to run a rear view Dash Cam. My question is, do all Dash Cams have the same power lead connection? The "mini -usb" type? So that any Power Bank will be able to connect to any Dash Cam/ Or are there different type of connecters? If they do have different types, can you get adaptors for them? (there...I told you I was "non-tech")
Thanks for any answers, Mark

Dave Bert

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Most are mini-usb, also keep in mind that not all dash cams runs on 5V some uses 12V like the Blackvu and Thinkware.

Fabio.he

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
1, There are 2 mainstream connectors for dashcam, mini USB and micro USB, probably a few dashcams use newest "Type-C" connector; of course relevant "adaptors" available in the market to change between each others;

2, Usually the power input of dashcam is 5Vdc, but like above user mentioned, a few dashcams adopt 12Vdc;

3, Power bank applied for power source is a little risky, better not use it for parking monitor at least, because power bank could cause fire although the quite rare cases.