Power Button Sticks

notsure

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my second 322GW cam, the first one was replaced and again the same thing is happening, not sure why the first cam had this problem and not sure why this on is having the same issues. The power button is stuck, the system will not power on or off, the button is stuck it will not move in or out. Also the NEXTBASE SD card is not being recognize by the camera. So I have taken the card out and now I'm trying it in my computer and it is not being recognize in my computer also, I have a new NEXTBASE SD card and my computer recognizes it, so now I have come to the conclusion that the NEXTBASE SD card is bad. Why is the SD card bad I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this power button problem, if so is there a fix for it, besides the pain full task of dealing with NEXTBASE customer service?

I have the same problem with the Power Button. I Noticed it this morning. First going to contact the seller, then take it from there.

So, after a month of using it, as I mentioned yesterday, the power button is stuck and it will not turn on and record. I used a very small sewing needle to get it unstuck, and now it works. I may have voided the warranty, but I think the issue will return... now I know how to get it unstuck. I have 2 major issues with this design... 1) power button will stick. 2) it is very difficult to eject and insert the recording card... have to use a very small plastic object to eject it... not a good design.

So, after a month of using it, as I mentioned yesterday, the power button is stuck and it will not turn on and record. I used a very small sewing needle to get it unstuck, and now it works. I may have voided the warranty, but I think the issue will return... now I know how to get it unstuck. I have 2 major issues with this design... 1) power button will stick. 2) it is very difficult to eject and insert the recording card... have to use a very small plastic object to eject it... not a good design.

I experienced a stuck button on a camera one time and was able to prevent it from happening again. Once I got it unstuck using a small probe I applied a small amount of silicone lubricant to the button using a soft cloth saturated with the silicone liquid and then pressed the button a number of times to work the lubricant down along the sides of the button. It is important not to use too much lubricant. You want to avoid getting any lubricant down inside the camera housing where it might interfere with the contacts or electronics.

This is a simple thing you can try that shouldn't do any harm if it doesn't happen to work for you. Again, just don't overdo it with the lubricant.

This should work if the button on the camera simply has a tight fit within the hole in the housing. If the cameras are being shipped out with physically defective buttons, that's another story.

Did anyone find their solutions were definitely long-term here? My new-ish (replacement!) Nextbase 322GW has just had this same issue with the power button sticking in. I had to unplug to get it to turn off. I'd already had my original 322GW pop open in the heat and the new one has now had this issue!

My issue is that because my Scenic is an 'always on' battery I have to manually turn the camera off after each journey, so the power button does get more use than cars where the battery turns off with the ignition. But I've had a 112 and a 312 for years and they haven't had any issues at all except the odd 'corrupt file' issue on the 112 - and they're both still going strong. I'm someone who looks after everything very carefully as well (still have original boxes), so this is definitely a fault with the 322GW design.

Did anyone find their solutions were definitely long-term here? My new-ish (replacement!) Nextbase 322GW has just had this same issue with the power button sticking in. I had to unplug to get it to turn off. I'd already had my original 322GW pop open in the heat and the new one has now had this issue!

My issue is that because my Scenic is an 'always on' battery I have to manually turn the camera off after each journey, so the power button does get more use than cars where the battery turns off with the ignition. But I've had a 112 and a 312 for years and they haven't had any issues at all except the odd 'corrupt file' issue on the 112 - and they're both still going strong. I'm someone who looks after everything very carefully as well (still have original boxes), so this is definitely a fault with the 322GW design.
Hello,

Have you tried enabling Parking Mode on the cam? This will turn the cam off after five minutes of no movement if you're connected to a permanently live fuse.

1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘Parking Mode’
6) Enable Parking Mode here

For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode.

If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on, record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thanks Millie, I didn't realise this would happen so have been turning the unit off after each journey. The parking sensor is already engaged.
The power button is now completely loose (as if it's not engaging anything within the camera)
If it's that simple then I guess no need to return the unit. I am very careful with these as with everything I own, so it's very unfortunate this has happened!

I
Thanks Millie, I didn't realise this would happen so have been turning the unit off after each journey. The parking sensor is already engaged.
The power button is now completely loose (as if it's not engaging anything within the camera)
If it's that simple then I guess no need to return the unit. I am very careful with these as with everything I own, so it's very unfortunate this has happened!
I had to use a sewing needle to get the power button unstuck, and now it does not function, but can still use it when it is plugged in to the car adapter. And since the SD card is very difficult to eject due to the design of the product, I usually disconnect the dashcam and take it inside my home, connect it to a computer using the NextBase app, to "erase" the disk (every few weeks) as per the recomendation by NextBase support.

I

I had to use a sewing needle to get the power button unstuck, and now it does not function, but can still use it when it is plugged in to the car adapter. And since the SD card is very difficult to eject due to the design of the product, I usually disconnect the dashcam and take it inside my home, connect it to a computer using the NextBase app, to "erase" the disk (every few weeks) as per the recomendation by NextBase support.
Thanks Feeber, appreciate your time and help!
(I spent and enjoyed a bit of time in downtown Toronto, Scarborough and Ajax after a friend moved, he's now in Nova Scotia)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 322GW 1
wibbly 322GW 0
H 322GW 1
M 322GW 4
Back