Power cable issues?

MiriV

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day everyone,

Has anyone else encountered issues with their power cable? I believe mine is faulty (cuts off randomly, cuts off when I move the cable etc.). It worked fine for about half a year and now I'm having issues. I pulled off my a-pillar to see if I pinched it somewhere, but it looks fine and the issue seems to be with the wire part right by the cigarette plug.

I see SG has replacement cables available, wondering if there is a 3rd party option that is of better quality before I pull the trigger. Camera itself works great.

Not common with the new updated power supplies but still possible.

The biggest problem is when people try to insert/remove the plug with the DashCam already mounted. Best to only insert / remove with the DashCam off the mount first.

You have a 2 year warranty. Send us a support email or private message here with your details if a replacement is needed.

I cant say i have heard of this.

Do you think its at the plug in the camera, or maybe along the wire ?
I am more inclined to think its a PSU issue, do the screen flicker or do it just go on and off.

Just saw "seems to be with the wire part right by the cigarette plug " so probably a PSU issue, MSG jon and he will have a fresh one heading your way ASAP

I pulled off my a-pillar to see if I pinched it somewhere, but it looks fine and the issue seems to be with the wire part right by the cigarette plug.
Can you clarify what you think the actual issue is? Are you hardwired (snipped off the cigarette lighter adapter? Or what?

I think he are using power wire as is, but there seem to be a issue on the lighter plug or the wire right behind it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P SGGCX2 1
kandrey89 SGGCX2 6
Brent. SGGCX2 21
Back