Power consumption of F200 while in parking mode?

q2us3r

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Finding it hard to find any information on the power consumption of the F200 2CH while in parking mode? specifically while in the Energy Saving Mode, and does the optional GPS increase power consumption or is it turned off while in parking mode? I just purchased the iVolt battery and was wondering how long it should (in theory) last before the camera powers down.

With an Amp Meter and running at 12.3v it measured 0.21amps for a 2 channel in Motion Recording. Hope that helps!

With an Amp Meter and running at 12.3v it measured 0.21amps for a 2 channel in Motion Recording. Hope that helps!

Thanks, that is very useful - in the documentation is states that Energy Saving Mode it uses 1/3 the power when compared to parking motion recording - is it safe to assume that it would then use about 0.07A under Energy Saving Mode (Impact Recording only)?

When i tested the F200 2ch in Energy Saving mode it was 0.12a

Strangely the F800 / Q800 etc were 0.07a

When i tested the F200 2ch in Energy Saving mode it was 0.12a

Strangely the F800 / Q800 etc were 0.07a

Very useful information, very much appreciate it! I wished Thinkware published this type of info on their site.

A little trick if you have a DC clampmeter.

Loop the positive (or negative, but not both) through the clamp say four times. Then divide the amps reading by four.

This is useful for low currents to get more accuracy. More so if the clampmeter has a resolution of say only 0.1amps. So now you will have a resolution down to 0.025, once you have divided your figure.

Not sure what the current draw is but at least on the FA200 there is a low voltage cut-off. ie, if the vehicle battery voltage drops below 12.0 V or 12.2V or 12.4V it will cut out parking mode. This is adjustable through the App.

I've noticed that with Energy Saving mode on my F200 Pro, the low voltage cutoff is only enforced once the camera wakes up to begin recording.
In other words, when it's "sleeping", it continues to drain the battery very slowly, even past the low voltage cutoff, but if the unit "wakes" to record an event, then it measures the voltage and turns off the camera because it's past the cutoff.
During motion detection and time lapse modes, it properly monitors the battery voltage and shuts off the camera at the assigned timeout or voltage cutoff, whichever comes first.
I think the Energy Saving mode is interesting, but I've switched to time lapse mode since I want to be able to capture the moments before an event as well.
I haven't checked that myself but that shouldn't be the case! The battery voltage must remain lower than the 'Set Level' for 5 minutes before they shut down though.

Back