Power efficient parking mode

The Batman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
I don't drive often and sometimes have my car parked for 2 or 3 days at a time. It is currently parked outside and so I would like my dashcam to be recording for that entire duration.

I assume that time lapse draws less power than low bitrate recording? I'm trying to find the balance between lowering power usage and capturing enough details like license plates.

Would 5fps time lapse be the right option for me? I am fine with not recording sound.

Thanks!

uses about 20mAh less in timelapse mode, the power saving is probably less important than the space saving that timelapse offers if you want to record for multiple days

So power draw is fairly negligible between the two it looks like.

That's a very good point about storage space. My storage card is 128 GB so hopefully that would be enough for 3 days.

Do all the time lapse options (including 10 and 15 fps) use less space than low bitrate?

you'd have to check the higher frame rate settings and see what size files you end up with, suspect you'll need a lower frame rate than that if you want to get three days worth of recordings

Back