Power issues with hardwiring/no symptoms with cigarette adapter.

firefree

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi Guys!
I'm glad i found this community. I received my new car recently so i wanted to install a new dash camera with parking monitor feature. I chose VanTop H610 and bought Vivilink (Vantop and Vivilink are basically the same company) Hardwiring Kit. I have visited a local automotive electronics shop and they've installed the dash camera and wired it to the fuse box with the kit that i've purchased. And here comes the problem: doesn't matter if the car is running/on acc/or off, the dash cam keeps restarting again and again. It boots up, shows the logo of the company and repeats these steps forever. These issues are gone if im using the cigarette adapter. What do you think guys?

Thank you in advance!
PS: sorry for my english. :phantom:

Sounds like a faulty hardwiring kit or installation of the hardwiring kit. Did you take it back to them and ask them to investigate the issue?

Sounds like a faulty hardwiring kit or installation of the hardwiring kit. Did you take it back to them and ask them to investigate the issue?
They suspected the same as you mentioned: faulty hardwiring kit. I found a video on youtube with a similar problem and in that case replacing the fuses with new ones did the trick. I will try it today.

They suspected the same as you mentioned: faulty hardwiring kit. I found a video on youtube with a similar problem and in that case replacing the fuses with new ones did the trick. I will try it today.
It didn't help. :(
Can you recommend a good hardwiring kit capable to output 2.5A correctly?
I'm trying to initiate a refund on Paypal in the meantime.

It didn't help. :(
Can you recommend a good hardwiring kit capable to output 2.5A correctly?
I'm trying to initiate a refund on Paypal in the meantime.

You've got one of two issues here:

1. What Make / Model / Year of car? Modern Cars use CanBus. They could have tapped a fuse that is causing the camera to act haywire due to inteference Check what fuses they used by comparing the number to the fuse in your vehicle's manual

2. It is strongly recommended you do not use 3rd party hardwiring kits. Buy the legitimate manufacturer hardwire kit, and then you know there aren't compatibility issues. If you've bought the legitimate hardwire kit from the manufacturer for your camera, and a replacement still isn't working, I would suspect #1.....

3. But I would also ensure your dash camera is using the newest firmware.

There's always a possibility the camera itself is faulty. Problems like these are process of elimination.

Back