Power issues

Do you use dashcam to record only when driving or also for while car is parked?
How often do you format your memory card ?

Recording while both driving and motion detection whilst parked. Is it not suited for this use?

I format once and then let it be. Does this unit corrupt the storage format eventually?

My prior dash cam just worked. No issues the same sd card. And 6 months of customer diagnosis with support is not really what I wouldve expected from this unit.

Think gonna have to listen to the misses and just swap it out with something else a little more reliable.

Ok. It's the unit itself and the sensor port.

Because it's a cable and port. Due to vibrations in the car causes issues with the connection inside. I've tried reversing the connectors and the issue still persists. This loose internal connection is causing the unit to hang on connect the sensor error and also has caused the unit to reboot multiple times.

With the sd card taken out... So not the sd card at fault.

If the connector has some issue that could cause the error messages, can get it swapped out for you

If you're running it while parked with large cards they need to be formatted FAT32

I'm using blue tac to hold the connectors in place. We'll see how this goes.

What is the recommended hardwire kit for this camera? I dislike using the 12V accessory plug where avoidable.

Can I just cut the end off and hardwire it or is there voltage regulation circuitry in the cigarette lighter plug assembly?

What is the recommended hardwire kit for this camera? I dislike using the 12V accessory plug where avoidable.

Vico Power-Plus

Can I just cut the end off and hardwire

You can but then you risk having a flat battery if you want it to record while away at all

Back