Power Magic EZ not working on my vehicle

Ecaftermath

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I have a problem having the EZ work on the 2019 Acura RDX. I have tried it on another vehicle and the LED lights up, but on the RDX it doesn't light up and doesn't power the dashcam. I have tried an OBD reader on the RDX and it lit up and received power. So it shouldn't be the OBD port that's defective.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a problem having the EZ work on the 2019 Acura RDX. I have tried it on another vehicle and the LED lights up, but on the RDX it doesn't light up and doesn't power the dashcam. I have tried an OBD reader on the RDX and it lit up and received power. So it shouldn't be the OBD port that's defective.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

Try setting it to 12V not 12.5V . This fixed issues with my 2018 Honda Civic EX-T. When parking and walking away, the Honda would leave the head lights on for 30+ seconds, which made the voltage drop below 12.5. I wish I could keep it at 12.5 cut off, but 12V seems to fix my issues. I also set it to 6 hours time out, assuming it will turn off way before it gets close to 12V.

You might also want to check your battery Voltage with a multimeter with the car off.

BlackVue has confirmed with us that they're looking into this issue. We've had mixed feedback from Honda and Acura owners that the PM EZ works/does not work for the same models.

In a 2019 Acura TLX PowerMagic EZ just stays on regardless of the settings. Never seems to be getting the signal that the ignition is off. The timer or voltage cutoff settings are ignored. I'm hoping for an updated version that's compatible with Acuras.

We're getting the new Power Magic EZs within about 10 days time. The new version should resolve all of these issues!

Did they resolve the issues?
I have a Mitsubishi ASX (Peugeot 4008 & Citroen C4 Aircross are the same) and the one EZ i just bought dont work.
How can you know what model/revision you have?

After reading this I'm kinda scared now, since I wanna get a BlackVue with a PM EZ for a Citroen Berlingo, and I don't wanna waste money on something that's not gonna work with the car.

Back