Power Magic EZ won’t work

Ethover

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a new 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition. I decided to pull the trigger on a dash cam, and went with a BlackVue 750S. While buying that, I went and also purchased the Powe Magic EZ.
I plugged it all in to test prior to installation, and could not get any power from the Powe Magic EZ. I tried the dash cam on the factory supplied cigarette power source, and it works. So I thought the EZ might be bad. Fast forward, I purchased another Power Magic EZ, and same issue. No power or light from the EZ.

Furthermore, I’ve tried both on a 2016 Honda Pilot, no power there either. Is there a setting or something I’m missing?

Any suggestions?

Yes, on both devices, I started the vehicle.

that's the only other thing that should have been needed, if it still doesn't work then it sounds like you have a dud

What two duds? Seems unlikely to me. A compatibility with car OBD socket problem seems much more likely to me.

What two duds? Seems unlikely to me. A compatibility with car OBD socket problem seems much more likely to me.

OBD as a protocol is not a standard, the connector is a standard though and they're only pulling power, that is always on the same pins, the odds of both his vehicles have faulty OBD ports seems pretty unlikely I would think

Agreed, but almost as unlikely, but possibly more so, is two dud units. It must be one or the other.

I have 2019 Ridgeline along with a BlackVue 900S-2CH along with Power Magic EZ and same issue where default settings wouldn't work (which led me here...) After some screwing around I found that setting all the dip switches (1-5) to OFF and then powering the truck on, The 900S magically powered up. Once that happened, I was able to set switch 1 ON (12v) and everything except parking mode is working fine (yes, parking mode is ON). I'll update this post if I figure out parking mode as well. Note, I do have timer set to infinity (switches 3-5 OFF).

This is likely too late to help Ethover, but might help future user...

ciao

Back