Power Magic Install

SixNineFourSixSeven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
My Power Magic has been delivered and is awaiting installation.
I have seen some videos on Youtube which show this to be a very easy install pending you have to the tools required.
One thing I'm not so sure about is on some of the videos
he's installing it into a fuse tab that has a 15a rating.
I'm sure I've read either on these forums or elsewhere that it should only be used on circuits with less then 10a which then makes the video installation wrong ?
Does this mean that i cannot use the fuse for my stereo or cig lighter as those fuses have a 20a fuse in them.
Is it possible to use tabs that are empty (if there is power going through them) ?

Last edited:
You can use 15a or higher with no problems. Stereo, cig lighter or anything else of 15a or higher is fine. I would avoid using anything that is safety related ( air bags, etc.) Empty tabs are normally not powered.

You can use 15a or higher with no problems. Stereo, cig lighter or anything else of 15a or higher is fine. I would avoid using anything that is safety related ( air bags, etc.) Empty tabs are normally not powered.
so if i use a fuse that is 15a, should i then stick another 15a fuse in the spare slot on the add-a-fuse or is sit ok to use a lower amp but not exceed a 15a

Put the original fuse that you took out of the cars slot into the bottom slots of the fuse tap. If you are only running a camera off the top slots then don't go more than 5 amp there.

Remember you need two sources for the PMP.. one powered all the time and one power only with key. I used the brake for my always available and radio for the ACC connection. I did not watch the video.. but it shows using a light to determine what has power. On modern cars this could lead to troubles.. like setting off alarms or airbags.. So I have been told.... Far better to use a multi-meter.

Managed to sort it out. One is going into the fog light bay. My model doesn't have fog lights so the tab was bay was empty but it was powered. The other has gone into the electric windows which is ignition only.
Working a dream and managed to catch a house fire on my street in parking mode.

Back