Power magic pro alternative power

bienaguila

Reaction score
Country
Uganda
TLDR: How can I power my PMP outside my car? If so how? I want to see if that is the problem I am having.

So I've had my PMP and DR750s since 2017. Last week, i noticed my pmp and dashcam did not turn on when I was driving. So when I got home here's what I did.

1. I plugged my dashcam to my cigarette fuse and it turned on, so thats not the problem.
2. Using a circuit tester, I checked the slots where I put the fuses in to see if they still work when the car is on and off. The always on fuses lit up when the car is on/off and the ignition fueses when car is on. So that is also not the problem
3. I checked my fuses that I piggybacked my fuses/fuse taps. They were kinda burnt, so I bought 2 new fuses (same voltage(?) as the old ones) and 2 fuse taps and changed the old ones.
4. After plugging everything back in, I turned on the car, but the PMP still did not turn on.

So i think the PMP is the problem. Is there any alternative power source? like a usb/power source accesory that i can use to check?

M8TJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 550 2CH, 2x750 2CH & Nextbase 312GW
What cut off voltage have you set on the PMP?

BlackboxMyCar

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware, BlackVue, IROAD, Viofo, BlackSys
Amperage of the fuse you're using?

Are you using a crimp tool to crimp your fuse taps? They shouldn't be burnt.