Power magic pro alternative power

bienaguila

Reaction score
Country
Uganda
TLDR: How can I power my PMP outside my car? If so how? I want to see if that is the problem I am having.

So I've had my PMP and DR750s since 2017. Last week, i noticed my pmp and dashcam did not turn on when I was driving. So when I got home here's what I did.

1. I plugged my dashcam to my cigarette fuse and it turned on, so thats not the problem.
2. Using a circuit tester, I checked the slots where I put the fuses in to see if they still work when the car is on and off. The always on fuses lit up when the car is on/off and the ignition fueses when car is on. So that is also not the problem
3. I checked my fuses that I piggybacked my fuses/fuse taps. They were kinda burnt, so I bought 2 new fuses (same voltage(?) as the old ones) and 2 fuse taps and changed the old ones.
4. After plugging everything back in, I turned on the car, but the PMP still did not turn on.

So i think the PMP is the problem. Is there any alternative power source? like a usb/power source accesory that i can use to check?

What cut off voltage have you set on the PMP?

Amperage of the fuse you're using?

Are you using a crimp tool to crimp your fuse taps? They shouldn't be burnt.

Back