Power Magic Pro always on?

boosteddiyer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a 2012 BMW X5 and installed the DR650-GW with Power Magic Pro. For the Power Magic Pro, I connected the yellow BATT + wire directly to the battery, black wire to the ground, and red wire to an Add a circuit 10 Amp fuse. When I did that with the power switch in the Power Magic Pro on or off, the green LED light is always lit. Yesterday, I went to start my car, received a battery discharge warning (which would be normal) but I didn't see the Blackvue unit start up. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Ok, I may have been a little impatient. I know that BMW's electronics stay on for a while after you've shut down the car and locked it. I have waited a good 10-15 minutes and still saw the light on the Power Magic Pro on and the cameras were still recording even with the switch in the PMP in the off position. Well, tonight, I left the car alone for a good one hour and when I came back, the light on the PMP was off! I unlocked the car and the light immediately came on. Started the car and it was working as normal.

Out of interest, what is the position of your dip switch for the timer?

All the switches are in the up position. I believe that is 12V and 6 hours.

Yes, after leaving the car parked for long periods of time, I do get the discharge warning. The car always starts. If i only leave the car for an hour or two, I won't get the warning.

x0wtwo.jpg

Yes, after leaving the car parked for long periods of time, I do get the discharge warning. The car always starts. If i only leave the car for an hour or two, I won't get the warning.

I left it for 3 days and gave me the warning, started up fine. But i think i must have used the wrong fuse for the ACC as it didn't shut off after 24 hours.

What fuse did you use?

I left it for 3 days and gave me the warning, started up fine. But i think i must have used the wrong fuse for the ACC as it didn't shut off after 24 hours.

What fuse did you use?
Sorry, just saw your post. I used fuse 118 on the back of the car.

I have one of those, but when i plugged it in it felt empty and really loose?

Might have to get the multimeter out and test it.

Which part felt loose? For me, it fit very well. Does your unit have power when you tried it?

The socket felt loose, unlike the other ones with a fuse already in it. There's no tension at all when i push it in.

Back