Power magic pro does not turn off

shimon10121

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Power magic pro does not turn off, I connect it to constant voltage and it just does not turn off no matter what I do ... Even when the car is turned off it always stays on even when the button on shut down

See video and pic ..
:(

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 40
Did you connect the black wire (GROUND) to anything else than ground?

No, everything is connected properly.

I've seen other PMPs take a few seconds to dim the LED. But not this long for it to shut off.

I'm thinking you have to file for RMA and get a replacement. Perhaps the unit is messed up?

OR, place an on-off switch inline with either the + or ground-cable. That should definately take care off this issue. However, that's not how this was intended to work, i know..

With the Motopark Power Safer -- the one i'm using with my cams - there isn't any on-off switch. Instead you either have do disconnect the power-cables from the entire unit OR insert a seperate switch inline to break the power / ground for extended periods of not driving the car.

I'm currently thinking of doing a toggle-switch to get easy access to killing the power for the entire setup.

With the Motopark Power Safer -- the one i'm using with my cams - there isn't any on-off switch. Instead you either have do disconnect the power-cables from the entire unit OR insert a seperate switch inline to break the power / ground for extended periods of not driving the car.

if you push the button on top it changes mode to accessory switched so that it turns off when the key is off

if you push the button on top it changes mode to accessory switched so that it turns off when the key is off
Well, the main-switch should kill power to the unit nonetheless, everytime. No matter if it's on constant or ACC-power. Something is messed.

I'm having a similar issue with my PMP as well. Connected the B+ wire to my audio unit (my hazard light fuse is in a different location) and the ACC wire to a power door lock fuse. Being an automotive mechanic with access to wiring diagrams, I can try and fiddle with the connections to see if anything changes, but I'm looking for tips on what "accesory" fuse port works well for others, be it power seats or even a heated seat switch.

I usually tap the switched line into a power port fuse (on most cars, these are tied to the ACC switch on the ignition) and the unswitched (always on) line to either the hazard lights or the power door locks. Make sure the ground is a good one.

I usually tap the switched line into a power port fuse (on most cars, these are tied to the ACC switch on the ignition) and the unswitched (always on) line to either the hazard lights or the power door locks. Make sure the ground is a good one.

I used the common ground on the side by the hood/fuel door release, the power port fuse and the power door locks (I think). I'm poring over the wiring diagram for my vehicle and writing down several other options to try. If all else fails, I'll just use a length of wire to extend both B+ and ACC wires to reach other fuse areas. Good benefit of working for a dealership :D

I used the common ground on the side by the hood/fuel door release, the power port fuse and the power door locks (I think). I'm poring over the wiring diagram for my vehicle and writing down several other options to try. If all else fails, I'll just use a length of wire to extend both B+ and ACC wires to reach other fuse areas. Good benefit of working for a dealership :D
No diagram needed. Just a multimeter and probing the fuses..

Guys... the switch on the PMP is to turn on or off the parking mode ONLY... That is not an ON/OFF switch for the PMP....!!

When in the "ON" position, it uses constant power to give you parking mode.....(with the key off).... When in the "OFF" position it will shut down with the key....
and you have NO parking mode....

John

Guys... the switch on the PMP is to turn on or off the parking mode ONLY... That is not an ON/OFF switch for the PMP....!!

When in the "ON" position, it uses constant power to give you parking mode.....(with the key off).... When in the "OFF" position it will shut down with the key....
and you have NO parking mode....

John
No, this is actually a circuit-breaker switch. Not a toggle-switch. Different on the FineVu, that only has the toggle between constant or ACC-power.

No, this is actually a circuit-breaker switch. Not a toggle-switch. Different on the FineVu, that only has the toggle between constant or ACC-power.
I disagree.. It is in fact a toggle switch. In the "on" position it connects the always on circuit to the camera.. thus the camera is powered all the time... subject to the settings on the PMP re time or voltage. In the "off position the the PMP is totally bypassed and the camera is powered only by the ACC circuit.
The camera... determines which mode to run in providing it is powered. So.. if the vehicle is moving it goes into normal mode.. if it senses it is not moving it goes into parking mode.. If / when.. the PMP turns off (opens internal switch) due to PMP settings, the PMP is reset (closing internal switch) when the ACC circuit activates.

The on/off switch does activate/deactivate constant power. While your vehicle is running, it should have no effect regardless of what position it's in because the red ACC wire is still receiving power.

If your vehicle is off and the green light stays on, the most common cause is that the red wire is connected to a fuse that has constant power.
Easiest way to test this is to disconnect that red wire, if the light turns off in the off position, then you know you have the wire going to the wrong fuse.

With newer cars, it's really hard to say what gets switched or constant power. There are also a number of cars with fuses that are not ignition switched or constant, but in fact switched by a control in the car (e.g., defroster)
You must verify that it's a switched fuse using a circuit tester/multimeter.

...With newer cars, it's really hard to say what gets switched or constant power. There are also a number of cars with fuses that are not ignition switched or constant, but in fact switched by a control in the car (e.g., defroster)
It's even worse than that with some newer model. On my Grand Cherokee, I found what looked like ACC or always-on lines that, in fact, powered off after some period of time, some that were 12v when "live", but "faded out" rather than turned off (normally interior light lines), and some that "sensed" load, and would independently power off after some period of time (the visor mirror light is an example of this).
Luckily for me, I have an always-on cigarette-lighter plug, and an ACC-powered cigarette-lighter plug in the central console, so I just bit the bullet after trying to find more accessible ones, and just tapped those two lines. But I had to pop out the entire center console to make it all happen, which most people wouldn't be happy to do. I'm not fond of "fuse taps" myself, so hard-wiring for me means solder & heat-shrink. :)

Brad.

It's even worse than that with some newer model. Brad.
Some folk have even more trouble with cars that sense an undocumented load and will shut off that circuit all under the guise of preventing "leakage".. and saving your battery.

Power magic pro does not turn off, I connect it to constant voltage and it just does not turn off no matter what I do ... Even when the car is turned off it always stays on even when the button on shut down
See video and pic ..
:(

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue. The PMP light stays on no matter what position the switch is in. Wiring is correct, everything's checked with a multimeter.

Is this a common issue? Any solutions or is a return for an exchange in my future?

Thanks!

Back