Power Magic Pro Either Set on or off , switches off after I remove the key from ignition

No warranty anymore, not sure which firmware was on when i bought it

What version are you on now? You've probably got the previous version on your PC in the Blackvue folder. If not, you can edit the current version to an earlier version.

Let me know and I'll send you details how to do it.

What version are you on now? You've probably got the previous version on your PC in the Blackvue folder. If not, you can edit the current version to an earlier version.

Let me know and I'll send you details how to do it.
I had to format my pc :( so if there is any other way to work around it?

There is but I'm not sure if anyone has tried it yet. Normally this should all be done on your PC with a clean formatted card. Have a look at your second card to see if the Blackvue folder is still on it. If it is copy the folder to your PC. If not, put your second card into your camera and format it. The camera will then initialise the card and copy the files to your "clean" card.

You can either copy the contents of your second card to your PC and work from there, format the card again and copy the folder back to your card. (this will also give you a back-up copy of the files) - or -

Open up your second SD card on your PC. You'll find a Blackvue folder - open that up. Open the Config file, and then open the Version.bin file (you'll be given a choice of text editors to open the version.bin file).

The first part of the file is the firmware version and you'll see version = 1.011. Change this to 1.009 and close everything down.

Put the SD card back in the camera and see what happens.

I've not tried this but there were plenty of posts about it on this forum earlier in the year. If it all goes pear-shaped you've still got your other card with your current version on it. If it does work, don't forget to format your current card with the V1.011 on it, or you'll be back to square one.

I've also noticed on other posts that people with similar problems have been disconnecting their rear cameras, with good results. Perhaps you should try that first.

If all this doesn't work you'll have to send it back for repair. You mentioned Blackvue UK - they are not the main UK Distributer. The main dealer is NWX Group based in Lanark - their Blackvue site has been renamed in-car.com (info@in-car.com 01555 666444).

Good luck

The mini sd was faulty. I got a replacement and now it does work like a charm. Thank you all for your ideas and help

Back