Power Magic Pro - mind of its own...

Tim4077

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I just had my Blackvue DR750S professionally installed along with a PMP. (Both installed on wednesday afternoon). All was good until yesterday morning. After driving to work and shutting off the ignition the PMP wouldnt work - the dashcam had no power. The car battery was fully charged (based on what Mercedes Me was telling me anyway). So fiddled around with it and moved the voltage on the PMP to cut off at 12.5v instead of 12 and that seemed to work. The PMP starting to work again. It shut off this morning after 12 hours (what i have it set to). Still the car battery is fully charged (based on Mercedes me).

Went to run some errands. Parked up and the PMP wont stay on again...

Anyone any idea on what’s going on?

Last edited:
Your 12V car battery puts out 12V when the alternator isn't running (typically around 13.8V when running). You have your PMP cut-off way too high. I'd go for 11.5V or 11V cut-off.

Brad.

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply. I moved it to 12v - on the new PMP it only offers 12v or 12.5v (in addition to the 24v options for HGV). That worked for a 12 hour period again - then to get it to reset i had to move it back to 12.5v and switch it on and off a few times... definitely something isnt right and i am thinking the unit may be faulty...

It sounds like the PMP is not connected properly and (the camera) is not seeing a source of power from the ACC connection. Simple test.. PMP turned off.. car running.. is the camera working? It should be. If.. this was working properly.. perhaps the connection from the ACC supply has come loose.

Back