power majic pro

biffo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me can I power two dash cams (one on the windscreen and one on the back screen) from a
single power majic pro unit or do I need two. Effectively dividing the cigar lighter input or piggy backing two cigar lighter units. This then would then give protection to both cameras. I am new to this vehicle protection skills and hope you appreciate (or bear with me -sorry I couldn't resist wink) The question is a serious one. Many thanks

PMP rated current output is 1A ( max 2A ), it may be ok, but it depends on how much current your dashcsm need for stable performance. Working at max. is not always good idea.
MS MultiSafer ( PANOBDP ) has 8A rated current output. You can safely connect up 4 dashcams to it.

PMP rated current output is 1A ( max 2A ), it may be ok, but it depends on how much current your dashcsm need for stable performance. Working at max. is not always good idea.
MS MultiSafer ( PANOBDP ) has 8A rated current output. You can safely connect up 4 dashcams to it.
Many Thanks niko for your reply I will go and have a look at that product

Many Thanks niko for your reply I will go and have a look at that product
No problem.
What exact dashcams models tou plan to power up ?

No problem.
What exact dashcams models tou plan to power up ?
Front windscreen = Transcend DP 100
Backscreen = Dashcam 0805 mini.
At present powered through a 4 way switched cigar lighter extension sitting by the gear lever accessories reccess .
This means removing the main cigar plug every time I turn the car off. The 4 way extension has LEDs on each switch
Will either hardwire to the fusebox using piggyback fuses or the safe power method you mentioned.

Back