Power problem

John B

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,
my 3 week old Panorama II has suddenly stopped working i.e no power at all in the car. the power source is fine. I connected to my pc this morning and it started and stayed on for about 30 secs with a battery/power symbol on the screen and now again nothing at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi all,
my 3 week old Panorama II has suddenly stopped working i.e no power at all in the car. the power source is fine. I connected to my pc this morning and it started and stayed on for about 30 secs with a battery/power symbol on the screen and now again nothing at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1. check if cigarette lighter charger fuse is OK ?
2. try your 5V mobile phone charger ( micro-usb ) to power up from house power outlet. It will not start up automatically, so you need to push "power on" button.

Below acting is on your own risk. It's may void warranty.
3. If non of above will not help, then try to reset. For that you need to open a shell ( remove 4 screw at the top, near bracket holder ), take plastic card ( credit card ) and squeeze between two shell parts.
You will find inside RTC battery ( see pictures ). Remove battery for let's say 1h ( actually it's enough even much less, but just to be on safe side 1h is better ). Put back battery, put back together shell and try if it works now.

NB! This last suggestion is only on your own risk ! Please consult with seller before you take this step. It may void warranty if you do this without consultation with a seller.

RTC1.jpg

RTC2.jpg

Hi Niko,

Thanks for your reply.
My car power source is fine.my phone charges ok.

I tried a phone charger from a home power point with pretty much the same result as the pc only this time the screen lit up as per normal (no battery symbol) and then shut down after 30 secs
before I take it apart I will contact the suppier to see if this is something they are aware of and what the next steps are through them.

If it all proves too difficult, I will try to remove the battery and let you know.

Thanks again for the response and possible solutions

Cheers
John

Did removing the battery reset the device. I have almost the same problem, I don't get a menu when i power on and it doesn't show anything on the screen when changing the firmware

Back