Power Question - new install

Rog Vinkle

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not tech savvy when it comes to smart phones or smart devices. I just bought the 70mai Pro (english / US) and trying to install it. The manual is very confusing to me but I understand that the power is via the usb cable plugged into the adapter which is plugged into the power port in the vehicle. When I plug into the power port on my vehicle, the power is always on and the dashcam is always recording. There is no option on my vehicle to shut the power off to the port.

Question:

1) Is there a way to turn the dashcam off and stop recording without unplugging the USB or must I unplug it every time I park the vehicle?

2) Is there somewhere on the web that has an english user manual for the 70 mai Pro written with proper instructions? (I found one for 70mai but not the Pro) My web searches have been fruitless.

Thank you

I am not tech savvy when it comes to smart phones or smart devices. I just bought the 70mai Pro (english / US) and trying to install it. The manual is very confusing to me but I understand that the power is via the usb cable plugged into the adapter which is plugged into the power port in the vehicle. When I plug into the power port on my vehicle, the power is always on and the dashcam is always recording. There is no option on my vehicle to shut the power off to the port.

Question:

1) Is there a way to turn the dashcam off and stop recording without unplugging the USB or must I unplug it every time I park the vehicle?

If you don't wont unplug camera every time you have to hardwire you camera.
The most popular way of hardwiring is using fuse bypass. You have to find circuit powered only while engine is working.
Connecting to the ground (-) is also necessary.

Cable conected to fuse bypass and ground should end with power socket.

s-l1600[1].jpg

Another option is to use hardwire kit.

If you don't wont unplug camera every time you have to hardwire you camera.
The most popular way of hardwiring is using fuse bypass. You have to find circuit powered only while engine is working.
Connecting to the ground (-) is also necessary.

Cable conected to fuse bypass and ground should end with power socket.

View attachment 45608

Another option is to use hardwire kit.
Thank you

Back