POWER SOURCE - SNAP-N-GO vs POWER-MAGIC PRO

SurvivingTheHood

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am asking for thoughts and/or experiences regarding the use of snap-n-go vs power-magic-pro. So i have used them both, each for a week, and they both seem to work fine in providing constant power to the camera. Both device have voltage protection as to not kill the car battery. However, i dont see any thread discussion regarding the snap-n-go device. I am curious as to any experiences any people may have regarding the snap-n-go (good or bad).

Attachments

• CA7F0D7B-1004-4F41-8B36-0E32AC1BE577.jpeg
    CA7F0D7B-1004-4F41-8B36-0E32AC1BE577.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 8BAF9801-C4DE-4BDA-9756-7FDA5AAEAE61.jpeg
    8BAF9801-C4DE-4BDA-9756-7FDA5AAEAE61.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
Seems to me that if you are capable of doing a tidy job of the hard wire, then that's the way to go as it doesn't interfere with access to the ODB port. On the other hand it looks like the S-N-G is cheaper but knowing the location of the ODB points on some cars, the cable might hang down a bit by your knee.
Personally, I have hard wired the PMP.

Seems to me that if you are capable of doing a tidy job of the hard wire, then that's the way to go as it doesn't interfere with access to the ODB port. On the other hand it looks like the S-N-G is cheaper but knowing the location of the ODB points on some cars, the cable might hang down a bit by your knee.
Personally, I have hard wired the PMP.
The ODB ports on all my cars are easily accessible. Plugging in the snap-n-go is super easy and clean. No hanging wire as i can easily tuck wire away. When i take car in for service, i simply disconnect the snap-n-go, as if nothing was ever connected to the ODB port. Thanks for your input. I am wondering if anyone may or may not have any experience with the snap-n-go (other than myself) that would be willing to share (good or bad). Thanks in advance.

HI !

snap-n-go works very well

snap-n-go uses OBD the three terminals pin4 and pin5 are grounding and pin16 is + 12v

1528913026439.png

I'm using the snap and Go on my wifes Traverse since trying to find the appropriate wiring to do a hard wire was a pain in the ass. Works just fine doing that.

Back