Power Supply -2 Cameras

Atechguy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
HI! Is it possible to run 2 cameras off 1 power supply -??
Approximately how many hours do u get from 64gb SD card. Thks

HI! Is it possible to run 2 cameras off 1 power supply -??
Approximately how many hours do u get from 64gb SD card. Thks
Yes, you can run 2 cameras from a single 12v socket, providing that you get a good quality 12v-to-USB splitter. You should look for a minimum of 1A from each port.

Yes, you can run 2 cameras from a single 12v socket, providing that you get a good quality 12v-to-USB splitter. You should look for a minimum of 1A from each port.

I'd recommend looking for at least 1.2A per port- more would be better, especially with Viofo "A" series cams which seem to like a hotter PS. My 2.4A Anker dual-post adapter has been working wonderfully for about 5 years now. It wasn't cheap but it's proven to be a darn good investment.

Phil

The A119 v2 is sometimes supplied with a double USB ports in the cigarette lighter adaptor. You could use one of them or buy one.

Similar to this Double USB socket

Cigarette Usb Lighter adapters are not live unless the key is not turned on,, therefore i will be using the above Y cable with separate power to live wires for 2 dash cameras.. Thks.

Cigarette Usb Lighter adapters are not live unless the key is not turned on,, therefore i will be using the above Y cable with separate power to live wires for 2 dash cameras.. Thks.
if that's a power splitter then you should have or get a multimeter to monitor the voltage and amperage that your cameras get because the voltage may drop below the cameras need to start and they will go into a boot loop possibly damaging SD cards and / or a firmware on your cameras.
smile3.gif

No problem , i have electronics background,, i just didn't want to buy another power supply if it wasn't needed,, plus i have read others have tried it and it worked ,, but yes it depends on the voltage and current draw ,, my power supply is hidden up behind my sunglass compartment up above the rearview mirror ,, its perfectly hidden.

Back