Power supply issue Amacam AM-C60

psbaker82

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having fun hard wiring my dash cam into my Audi A4 B8.

I have purchased the Amacam hard wire kit and tried to power up the cam today. I get a power light come on the unit but it wont turn on. I know the camera works as it works fine off the cigarette lighter in my van.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

So the camera turns on fine when plugged directly in and the two crimped wires are feeding power to the hardwire box. Try putting the ground wire somewhere else...metal to metal. I had a screw on my jeep that would not work and had to use one on my door...

I have not had it working with the hard wire kit yet, just the cig lighter cable it comes with. The earth point is metal to metal but I will give another one a try.

I've tried and still no luck. Here are some photos of the connections.

This was how the old Nokia phone kit was wired in. Each love has an inline fuse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 12
I have not seen them wired like that....I've seen them wrapped around the fuse and then plugged it, or the easiest way which is using two add-a-fuses. If you're confident the two wires are being fed power and the kit is good, my bet would be on a bad ground...

I'm no expert so I can't comment, the spades are tight in the slot though.

I am using the same earth as the Nokia car kit was using. I also used it on my multimeter so that seems to be fine.

The power light comes on the cam but that's as far as it gets.

There is a volt monitor on the hard wire kit so I can only assume that must be faulty.

Back