Power supply via regular USB cable in the car

newone

Reaction score
Hello!
I want to buy GS5000. Can be powered in the car over regular USB cable – NOT original supplayer cable!?
In the cigarette socket I would like to insert the dubble USB connector (distributor ) and connectet with regular USB cable with the GS5000 and navigation.
Which deviceDVR can be connected in this way up to 100$?

Hi newone,

I am using a standard mini USB cable and a USB cigarette lighter converter with no problems. The USB cable is 5m long which allows me to route (hide) it really well and the converter is very small. Does not interfere with my car GPS or radio.

Cheers :) Mario

Most of mini usb to usb extension cables will work with gs-series dash cams.

For "distributor" / splitter you might like cigarette lighter charger with 2-3 usb sockets ( check attachment )2 usb.jpg
4 usb.jpg

Hey!

Sorry for my bad English but I use google translator. : (
I have a GS5000 cameras, which works perfectly. But the added cigarette lighter charger. Any other USB cable with car lighter adapter mass storage mode, the camera makes when I turn on the ignition. Since the original cable ever breaks and I was looking for did not always work long before I found a cigarette lighter cable, with which it works. I have worked in the navigation Wayteq charger or cable. I immediately bought two of them too. :)

Super!
On travel I MUST record some view on the road. In car I must connect DVR and navigation in one cigarette lighter. And yes "distributor" come from google translate.
I alredy have splitter. It is no way to buy a thing if I can not use it - have a powe supply for DVR.
I wish to have working DVR on my nex trip! One task less for my wife!

&mariomat - why not GS5000 insted GS900 - users experience pleas!!
&niko - upper USB (on spliter) connector is 2A or 2.1 A or 2x 1A ... ? you : most usb cable works.. Why not all??
&ufonauta: you have porblem to find OK usb cable? and now is all OK? what is OK cable, what must wach?

Instead of gs5000 or gs900 I would recommend gt300w, gt450w, gt550w or new gt680w, - those are best choice within 100usd price range, better video quality than those you mentioned.
About dual splitter, one usb 1A other usb is 2.1A output.

&mariomart - why not GS5000 insted GS900 - users experience pleas!!

Hi newone,

At the time of purchase the GS900 was amongst the best featured and priced among the dashcams. I had previously owned a GS9000 however it was plagued by connection and battery issues, which is a pity as I loved the 178° field of view. I have never considered the GS5000 and I don't know why.

As mentioned by niko, if I were to purchase another DVR I would be looking at the GT series as they seem to be the new sweet spot.

Cheers :) Mario

Heloo!
Thanks!. I don't know. My eye's see gs5000 - from outside.
I like type of suction mount- stable, view angle not to big - distortion on edges, samples videos on youtube have defferent quality, some one use video edtitor to stabilizet video, not fold(?) type,
with display only for info not waching. Ja and discret!
Well still choose based on ideas, sigestions, experiences.

Back