power supply!

Chris K

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello, i have 2 questions!
1. yesterday i noticed that when i connect my camera with a 2.0A charger (samsung s7 charger) works without the battery on camera! is it safe to use this for long time timelapses?
2. i already owned an 64gb micro sd u3 speed, but it doesnt seem to work well with camera. i get no problems in recording, but when i connect it my pc with usb to transfer the files, the copy stops and i have to pull off the cable! it feels like trying to read all the files, but cant due to low speed! :( if i use this micro sd with a usb card reader, works like a charm! i have the lastest firmware installed, and when i try my other sd card (samsung 128gb u3) works well.
so i guess there is a compability issue with kingstone?

Last edited:
1. It is normal. It works with powerbanks as well (without battery inside).
2. I have simmilar problem with my sdcard (cam fw 1.8.9 - system: W10). Connecting camera via usb to pc works but when im trying to copy to the pc sdcard freeze (dunno why, i've tried everything)

1. i read, on another thread that camera gets warmer when using external usb supply. i ll try it and check it.
2. i am sure its compability issue, because with my samsung 128 u3, works perfect, no freezes or any problems with copy paste. i even tried to copy to sd card 80gb of files and did it just fine..

Back