Power Use. Motion or Time Lapse

pxr5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm finding in these winter months that my F770 is only lasting 6 hours or so before shutting down. The cut off voltage is set to 12.2V and I'd like to leave it at that. I also park in a busy car park at work so all the movement is recorded. I'm thinking of switching to time lapse instead. Does time lapse use less power than motion detection so I can get more than 6 hours. Upto 9 is all I really need. Does time lapse also still allow incident recording? Thanks.

I've had a meter inline measuring current in the past and switched between modes and the difference was negligible if any (as Jokiin says it's difficult as the reading is never dead steady anyway). For the UK i have recommended 12v exactly as the cut off for some time now and no one has ever moaned at me for having a flat battery. That could well extend the recording time enough for you. (I know you don't want to adjust that!) Other than that an external battery to power the camera may be best (iVolt / Cellink B etc as long as your doing some driving time every day to charge it)

Personally in a busy car park i would use timelapse recording as the movement section can fill up in a few hours and overwrite the older recordings you may need.

Cheers guys. I'll give time lapse a shot and see if it makes any difference. Like I said I only need to stretch a couple more hours.

Back