Powerbank with output 12v?

Capi

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi experts,

I am looking for a powerbank with 12v output for connect a dashcamera, what do you recommend me?

In case of ITB-100HD, how can connect it to powerbank? My idea is, normally connect to a car with the contact; and, when the car is parking or when I think necessary, connect to a powerbank; how can do these connections?

I had thought a removable connector, for connect to contact or connect to powerbank.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

You could just wire a switch between an accessory and permanent power source to do that anytime you need from the car battery

You could just wire a switch between an accessory and permanent power source to do that anytime you need from the car battery
I do not want use the car battery when the car is stopped for avoid problems with it

Camera will draw similar power to leaving an interior light on, spend the money on a low voltage cutoff would be cheaper and more effective

I agree with Jokiin's comments here but if you really want such a power bank there are a number of solutions on the market such as:

The Anker Astro Pro 2

The Bestek

PowerGo

There are various others as well. Some of them are similar to the Bestek and PowerGo, such as the PowerAll in that they are really meant to emergency start a vehicle but they do provide 12v for other purposes.....and 5v USB as well.

Last edited:
The voltage cutoff is the better way to go. Why not use your car battery? A multi-safer BDP hard wire kit is cost effective and works well with any cam that supports motion detection parking mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
which camera? Do you have a link to the actual camera you will be using?

which camera? Do you have a link to the actual camera you will be using?
I have doubts between mini 0803 (5V) or ITB-100HD SP (12V)

In teresting... I do not know with batteries... Is it better than the integrated battery?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

each has advantages and disadvantages.

Intergrated is cheaper but usually over rated. If a cell goes bad most will throw it away and buy another.

For me, 18650 is better. It is more costly to start with as you need a charger for some but I already have that since I use them to vape with and torches etc. If a cell goes bad, you can replace just that cell. The Panasonic, Samsung and LG batteries are all pretty good and are very close to the mAh rating. You don't need to spend $29 on a good charger, you can use one from fasttech for about $5 and it will cut off at 4.2v. The biggest advantage is the OEM batteries you can use, if it says 3100 mAh each, you know it will be.

each has advantages and disadvantages.

Intergrated is cheaper but usually over rated. If a cell goes bad most will throw it away and buy another.

For me, 18650 is better. It is more costly to start with as you need a charger for some but I already have that since I use them to vape with and torches etc. If a cell goes bad, you can replace just that cell. The Panasonic, Samsung and LG batteries are all pretty good and are very close to the mAh rating. You don't need to spend $29 on a good charger, you can use one from fasttech for about $5 and it will cut off at 4.2v. The biggest advantage is the OEM batteries you can use, if it says 3100 mAh each, you know it will be.

You make a good point about using 18650 batteries, especially if they are protected and of good quality. Using some of these ultra cheap $5 chargers should be approached with caution though. There have been many well documented reports of cheap Chinese chargers failing to meet specs, overcharging or charging at a much higher amperage than advertised. Some of them have been noted to fail completely and even catch fire. They are often poorly made with cheap components, bad soldering and workmanship. Failures and explosions have occurred all too often. Some of these inexpensive chargers are fine but many have been shown to be very dangerous. Anyone who is new to li-ion rechargeable batteries should take the time to learn how to charge and discharge them properly and educate themselves about their potential dangers and important safety concerns.

Back