Powering Dashcam through Fuse Box

ageratum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

When connecting my Ambarella Mini A7 0805 power cord to my vehicle's fuse box (2010 Ford Escape) should I connect it to a 5 amp or 10 amp spare fuse? I'm thinking 5 amp is plenty, but want to be sure.

Thanks!

Because I prefer set and forget, in my Malibu I connected my GT680W's provided plug to a loose 12 volt socket, secured with a few wraps of electric tape, wired the socket to ground and a Pico 0956PT 10 Amp ATM Mini Blade Fuse Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder with 3.5 amp fuse, piggy backed on the seat heater circuit that energizes with the ignition and buried the wires behind finishes. This powers and protects the GT680W as intended by E-Prance. Note, the provided cord includes a fuse. Mine is running for almost a year without attention. With the same circuit I similarly power my Garmin GPS .

Hello all,

When connecting my Ambarella Mini A7 0805 power cord to my vehicle's fuse box (2010 Ford Escape) should I connect it to a 5 amp or 10 amp spare fuse? I'm thinking 5 amp is plenty, but want to be sure.

Thanks!

If you "tap-in" into any existing fuse, make sure NOT TO USE AIRBAG Fuse !
For more professional install best if to use a Fuse Piggy Back.
There you can use 3 or 5Amp fuses for dashcam and original fuse Amp for the fuse that is in the slot.

Back