Penelope Pitstop

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH + Viofo A129 Duo Dual Channel
Hi brains trust,
First time poster, short time lurker!
I've had a look through the threads, found information on some of the quirks associated with the Blackvue's that I wish I'd known about before I'd purchased but I can't locate my current problem.

Bought a DR750S-2CH last month and had it professionally installed with a PMP. All was fine with it until it stopped working but read that it cut out at certain voltage, all good as I was on leave and not driving to recharge the battery.

My current problem is: after driving to or from work, a 40km trip, if I get there too early and sit in the car and listen to music and wait around til the little voice tells me 'parking mode activated' and then I open my driver's door she tells me that it's powering down. But if I get out of the car before the parking mode is enabled and lock the car up everything is AOK and will record through the whole 12hr night shift.

Battery voltage whilst driving is 14.5-14.9. Car is a 2016 VF series 2 Holden Commodore if that is of any use.

BTW I bought a portable hotspot for it thinking that if my son was to drive the car I might be able to spy on him from home.... was I kidding myself and I've just wasted my money? Should I just cancel the plan now and not install it in the car?

Sorry for the length, tried to be thorough with the information, thanks in advance for your assistance and wisdom!

The installer didn't tell me and when he did the install I wasn't as educated as I am now. I have a feeling it is set at 12.5 though because after days off last week when it had shut down and I started the car, which started fine, I checked the voltage immediately and it read 12.5v.

FYI I should have said in the original post it is a push button start car, no option to key crank it.

@jokiin I guess that you are thinking that the interior lights coming on when the door is opened causes the battery voltage to drop below the set voltage? That would be my thoughts too. It might also depend on whether PP has the Ign wire connected to 'Ign ON' or 'Aux'.

@PP When you say
wait around til the little voice tells me 'parking mode activated' and then I open my driver's door she tells me that it's powering down.
have/do you switched off the ignition aux (that you probably have 'On' to listen to the radio) at that time?

try setting your PMP at 12v and see if it behaves the same, 12.5v is what a battery will sit at when fully charged, doesn't take much to drop below that

@jokiin I guess that you are thinking that the interior lights coming on when the door is opened causes the battery voltage to drop below the set voltage? That would be my thoughts too. It might also depend on whether PP has the Ign wire connected to 'Ign ON' or 'Aux'.

@PP When you say have/do you switched off the ignition aux (that you probably have 'On' to listen to the radio) at that time?
With my car you push the same button to start and cut the engine. The radio and internal lights will either stay on for a couple of minutes and then automatically shut off or until you open the drivers door.
I don't know where the wire is connected.
And all was fine til this week.
Also, please forgive me, getting use to how to cut out bits of quotes.

Echoing the other comments, I'd verify the voltage cutoff to be at 12V and also tell your installer this issue. Sounds like he may have selected an incorrect constant fuse that functions differently under different circumstances.

Will do after the silly season.
Fan girling here that you replied. I've watched so many of your reviews on YouTube!

Thanks everyone for the input!

My Vauxhall does the same (Vauxhall is the UK labeling of Holden) so would be interested if you find a solution.

So I had the guys out to install another cam, not a Blackvue, in another car and they looked at this problem one again. Turns out it was set at 12v already and they reckon that just having the radio on or the interior light could drain it past 12v.
Haven't had the problem again since though so who knows!

Back