Powering On

canibusfan

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've had this camera almost a year but only used it for couple months. The camera stop powering on, so i thought my camera was going bad so I brought into the house and connected it to my computer via usb port on the camera and it worked. I contacted Viofi and they sent me another GPS module but its still not working. Has anyone seen this? Anything else I can do?

which power supply are you using now, does it have separate USB cable and adapter, if it does try the same cable plugged into your phone charger and see if it will power up the camera, if it does then the cable is good, then look at the power supply, does the socket have power, check the fuse, try a different device etc

I use the same cable and power supply and plug into the usb port of the camera and it works. Ya with other devices its working.

ok if the power supply works, the camera works powered directly, it's unlikely your new GPS mount is also faulty so it may be an issue in the camera itself, if it works when plugged into the camera you may just have to run like that, the GPS (normally) still works when power is via the camera

I'm sorry let me reword it. It only works via usb port. The camera itself powers on but the video portion is just black.

ok, if you get no video then the GPS mount was a bad diagnosis by the sounds of it, you have a camera issue

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W A129 / 129 Duo 29
Back