PowerMagic setup?

jsl262

Reaction score
Country
United States
How simple is it to connect Powermagic to a Volkswagen Passat. Are there optional battery packs available?

fuses4.jpg ] fuses1.jpg
How simple is it to connect Powermagic to a Volkswagen Passat. Are there optional battery packs available?

Easy as What year Passat is it I have a 2011 TDI wagon Buy two addafuses and put them here in the right hand side of the dash One is permanent power and the other acc power only.

Cant remember which is which but not hard to figure out There is a screw above the fuses for the earth Just clamp a ring on the earth wire and put it under the head of that.

You also need to fit two bullet connectors to the PM wires

All done in 10 mins Feed camera wire (Black wire in pic with trim showing) up the side of the dash and up the front of the A pillar next to the screen and across the front of the headlining to above the mirror Best to pull the wire up and plug it in the camera and then tuck it away from the camera end and tuck the extra in the dash.

Feed the wire as in Pic 4 I cut a small piece out of the edge Just above and to left of camera lead as when you put the end plate back it can pinch the lead The screw in the other pic is NOT the one for the earth which is further in above the fuse box The bubble wrap is around the PM and the ciggy socket to stop rattles

Attachments

• Passat.jpg
    Passat.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 57
  • fuses3.jpg
    fuses3.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Passat.jpg
    Passat.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
View attachment 4015 ] View attachment 4013

Easy as What year Passat is it I have a 2011 TDI wagon Buy two addafuses and put them here in the right hand side of the dash One is permanent power and the other acc power only.

Cant remember which is which but not hard to figure out There is a screw above the fuses for the earth Just clamp a ring on the earth wire and put it under the head of that.

You also need to fit two bullet connectors to the PM wires

All done in 10 mins Feed camera wire (Black wire in pic with trim showing) up the side of the dash and up the front of the A pillar next to the screen and across the front of the headlining to above the mirror Best to pull the wire up and plug it in the camera and then tuck it away from the camera end and tuck the extra in the dash.

Feed the wire as in Pic 4 I cut a small piece out of the edge Just above and to left of camera lead as when you put the end plate back it can pinch the lead The screw in the other pic is NOT the one for the earth which is further in above the fuse box The bubble wrap is around the PM and the ciggy socket to stop rattles
Thanks my friend. My Passat 2013 TDI. I appreciate pixs. Camera proved my innocence six months ago when I showed accident video to insurance co. Saved me $$$. Snow plow recently damaged my parked auto. No proof this time of course. You think it won't damage electrical system?

Hasn't for the last two years so don't think it will now I also have one in the rear of the wagon like this Its only a 350 without GPS,

Where the fuses with the wires on them are, They are actually blanks but have power on one side and you just push the fuses into them.
If you really want to be fussy you can wrap a bit of electrical tape over the lower pin of the fuse as the power is in the top.
I bought these but don't know if you can buy similar The adda fuse is probably easier if that's all you can get cause its nearly impossible to solder a wire onto the fuse as shown
The top one shown in the pics is a mini and the bottom one is a full size both as below

Attachments

• Passat rear.jpg
    Passat rear.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 34
  • addafuse.jpg
    addafuse.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 36
  • full size 10amp.jpg
    full size 10amp.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 36
  • mini10amp.jpg
    mini10amp.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 27
great info here, must i use the addafuse thing?

or is just wrapping the cable on the fuse leg ok too?

I will be installing in a polo my 15. is this makes any difference.

Wrapping a wire around a fuse is the stupidest most dangerous thing possible Either get a fuse with a tail on it and put it in a spare slot or use addafuses.

Do it properly and your car wont end up a smoking ruin if something shorts

can i use this?
67958d1240771794-warning-anyone-using-fuse-taps-main-fuse-box-fuse-taps.jpg

probably better to get and addafuse Havent seen those things before and Polo fuseboxes dont have much room above the standard fuse so it may be too high. It will need a spade connector on it which is even higher.

Back