Powerucc Panorama questions before buying.

beirwer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
hopefully soon
Hi everyone, I'm looking for my first dash cam and after bad experiences with the G1W, 0801, and even the GT680, I'm finally ready to spend what I have to to get something good. I settled on the Powerucc Panorama but first had some questions I couldn't find answered in any reviews.

1. Are there any voice announcements that can't be turned off (power on, off, warnings, etc)?

2. How do the video segments look on playback? Are they seamless or is there a gap or overlap (jumps back a second during playback)?

3. Does anyone have experience with DGTLSYSTEMS? They have a "Fulfilled by Amazon" listing so no shipping and returns are easy. They also have 100% rating but that's only 171 ratings and they appear to be only a year old.

Thanks.

G1W, 0801, and even the GT680 are well reviewed/rated dashcams.
Panorama is a lot more $$$ but the three should not be bad.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for my first dash cam and after bad experiences with the G1W, 0801, and even the GT680, I'm finally ready to spend what I have to to get something good. I settled on the Powerucc Panorama but first had some questions I couldn't find answered in any reviews.

1. Are there any voice announcements that can't be turned off (power on, off, warnings, etc)?

2. How do the video segments look on playback? Are they seamless or is there a gap or overlap (jumps back a second during playback)?

3. Does anyone have experience with DGTLSYSTEMS? They have a "Fulfilled by Amazon" listing so no shipping and returns are easy. They also have 100% rating but that's only 171 ratings and they appear to be only a year old.

Thanks.

1. no voice commands, no even beeps.

Added: the only "Beeps" it does:

- when click Microphone ON / OFF
- when click "triangle" emergency button
- when g-sensor activates emergency file recording.

2. from menu you can chose 3 options of overlap: 0 sec, 1 sec, 2 sec.

3. I recommend @RoadCam, they also sell on Amazon and presented here on forum with high feedback from buyers.

RoadCam feedback on Amazon

Last edited:

Named above are OK in their own price-range, but for sure can not be compared to premium class dashcams. Panorama is premium class, have more options, more stable, very little RMA, better video at night, 24/7 parking mode etc... does everything better and beats in all major things, except price.

Named above are OK in their own price-range, but for sure can not be compared to premium class dashcams. Panorama is premium class, have more options, more stable, very little RMA, better video at night, 24/7 parking mode etc... does everything better and beats in all major things, except price.

Yes, but I was trying to get what bad experience the OP had for my own information.

Wow, thanks for such quick replies everyone.

Well, not bad like horrendous & soul-destroying, just not happy, even "for the money". The G1W had the same light/dark-handling problem described in the Techmoan video but mine was significantly worse. Turning into or across the sun would wash out the video for about five seconds, then it would go almost black for another five.

The 0801 may have been outright defective. Every time I started the truck it was like playing power-up roulette. It would do nothing, start recording, come up in USB mode (yes, in the truck), or go into the menu. With all its past problems I'd heard of, it wasn't something I wanted to deal with. Plus the GPS was horrendous. Just driving around the block would cause the arrow in Registrator Viewer to wander around in a 3.5 mile radius. Ironically, I didn't have any of the other problems I had heard about.

The GT680 was wonderful while it lasted. After only three days one of the side buttons snaped its mount and pushed into the unit. After the other two, and having already read this complaint online (general build quality), again it wasn't something I wanted to bother with.

3. I recommend @RoadCam, they also sell on Amazon and presented here on forum with high feedback from buyers.

Thanks, everything I wanted to know. I don't normally like buying direct from a seller but lately I've gotten some bad "fufilled by" deals too. I guess just because a seller's stock is in Amazon's warehouse doesn't mean they have any control or knowledge of what's in those boxes. I'll give RoadCam a shot.
DGTLSYSTEMS are not authorised seller of this model, they bought stock through some Korean trader and are reselling

Thanks, I did read that in the thread about some being out of focus but had forgotten.

DashCamTalk rated the Panorama II the best all around DashCam.
The new improved Panorama S is better yet.
It's truly a Set it and Forget it work horse appliance you can count on.
The Panorama definitely lives up to the you get what you pay for ratio.
(100% quality & long term reliability)

Added: the only "Beeps" it does:

The only few warnings "beeps" it does:

Just ordered! Got the kit with GPS & filter.
The only few warnings "beeps" it does:

That's good, I actually like some audio feedback. I just can't stand anything electronic telling me something in a voice. I guess some like it but it still creeps me and irritates me at the same time. It always feels like the machine trying to put itself at the same level as a human.

Back