Pre-order for A229 on May 20th 2022

Have you any FW Nigel ?

I'm on V1.0_0415

Paul.

Start off by testing it as it arrived, before changing all the settings, and before updating firmware - then you will know if any problems are original or caused by you!

Default settings are decent. I don't know what firmware you will have, but it will be good enough to get started with.
Sound advice Nigel, thanks.

Sorry, did you mean to say "That is the same thing"?
Yes.
V1.0_0511
V1.0 = firmware version
05 = month
11 = day

All through google translator.
English is not my native language.

Last edited:
Is there an official site to find the firmwares from VIOFO?
Follow the A229 topic and you will see new firmware here.
Sometimes they appear in the topic earlier than on the official site.

Thanks, that makes sense.
Viofo will probably create a new A229 firmware thread soon, with downloads for beta firmware. Could be a while before it arrives on the Viofo website, so check here occasionally, or subscribe to the A229 sub-forum to get notifications. It is a new camera, so expect it to take a little time to get things perfect.

Viofo will probably create a new A229 firmware thread soon, with downloads for beta firmware. Could be a while before it arrives on the Viofo website, so check here occasionally, or subscribe to the A229 sub-forum to get notifications. It is a new camera, so expect it to take a little time to get things perfect.
Yes I have subscribed to the A229 sub-forum. I'll keep an eye on it and the official site. Thanks.

Hi, it seems the only way to get the A229 in the UK is through viofo.com

The price is in dollars though, is the conversion done through paypal? Is there any customs charges?

Hi, it seems the only way to get the A229 in the UK is through viofo.com

The price is in dollars though, is the conversion done through paypal? Is there any customs charges?
Hi Joe, I ordered using PayPal and PayPal tells you the exchange rate at the time so you know what you are paying in GBP.
It arrived pretty quickly considering and there were no customs charges.
I was a bit dubious but it all went perfectly smoothly.

@CliveR Can you upload a video of yours in action please?

Paul.

Back