Pre-Purchase questions...?

DashCamMk2.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a Mobius for a rear-facing 'dash' cam.

A few questions before I buy...

1 - Is "Bang Good" a genuine Mobius seller? Or are they fakes?
2 - Is the C2 the best wide-angle Mobius?
3 - Can you record in small clips (1, 3, 5 mins etc...)?
4 - When your card is full can you make it start overwriting your oldest clips?

Thanks!

1, they have both
2, it's the only one currently
3, yes
4, yes

If you want to buy from China buy from eletoponline365 (spelling?) on eBay, link in the Mobius sticky, safest China seller to buy from and they deliver quickly

Thanks Jokiin.

Is there a better seller in the UK, or am I best ordering from China?

Thanks

Webbex or JooVuu for UK

Figured you wanted to buy from China since you mentioned Banggood, better to buy locally, or elsewhere at least, Banggood advertise stock they don't have and leave you hanging, not good to do business with in my experience

If you're not in a rush then eletoponline365 are the best option like @jokiin says as you know you're getting fresh stock as well.

Alternatively @petepete did have a load of these - not sure if they've all sold now though or what state they were in.

If you're not in a rush then eletoponline365 are the best option like @jokiin says as you know you're getting fresh stock as well.
Slower than local suppliers for sure but actually surprisingly quick for a Chinese vendor, they get them out the door very fast

Thanks a lot both.

I'd prefer to buy from the UK but don't want to have to pay over the odds just for getting it a few days quicker.

I'll look into Webbex/JooVuu, and if needs be will buy directly from eletoponline365, safe in the knowledge it'll be genuine.

I've been 'umming and ahhing' about getting a rear camera for some time now, but think I should do it! I already have an a118-c on the front.

Cheers!

I'm after the Mobius as it's compact and discreet sat in the middle of my rear window. I don't suppose there's something else of the same image quality that's just as compact and cheaper?

I'm after the Mobius as it's compact and discreet sat in the middle of my rear window. I don't suppose there's something else of the same image quality that's just as compact and cheaper?
If you don't mind the "strange" night quality, then the Mobius is the one to get.

If you don't mind the "strange" night quality, then the Mobius is the one to get.

How do you mean strange?

It'll be facing towards people's headlights of course; would this not be the best camera for that?

Is there anything better though for that price ... I thought Mobius cams were better.
No. Mobius offers the best currently available blend of performance, reliability, durability, repairability & discreetness in it's price bracket.

I'd guess that over 100,000 Mobius cams have been sold since launch. If 4 or 5 owners have recently experienced a vaguely similar fault, that means that over 99.99% of owners have not experienced it. Good enough?

It's annoying for the affected unfortunate few, & I empathise with them. But some people need to realise that their individual misfortune is no reason to try to smear the reputation of this well-proven product, & put potential buyers off.

I suggest that you buy Mobius from JooVuu or Webbex so, if you happen to get a faulty one, you have the protection of UK consumer law, & the likelihood of a quick resolution to the problem.

No. Mobius offers the best currently available blend of performance, reliability, durability, repairability & discreetness in it's price bracket.

I'd guess that over 100,000 Mobius cams have been sold since launch. If 4 or 5 owners have recently experienced a vaguely similar fault, that means that over 99.99% of owners have not experienced it. Good enough?

It's annoying for the affected unfortunate few, & I empathise with them. But some people need to realise that their individual misfortune is no reason to try to smear the reputation of this well-proven product, & put potential buyers off.

I suggest that you buy Mobius from JooVuu or Webbex so, if you happen to get a faulty one, you have the protection of UK consumer law, & the likelihood of a quick resolution to the problem.

Thanks for the help Russ.

I've just spotted this one at HobbyKing. If I get it from their UK Warehouse, should I be covered? It comes out at £53 delivered.

Thanks for the help Russ.

I've just spotted this one at HobbyKing. If I get it from their UK Warehouse, should I be covered? It comes out at £53 delivered.
HobbyKing is a Chinese seller. If you buy from their UK Warehouse, you expect to be able to return it to the same UK address if a fault arises. In fact they, & Gearbest & Banggood, require that returns are sent back to addresses in China at the buyers expense. This is when your nightmare starts. Why risk it for the sake of a tenner or so?

HobbyKing is a Chinese seller. If you buy from their UK Warehouse, you expect to be able to return it to the same UK address if a fault arises. In fact they, & Gearbest & Banggood, require that returns are sent back to addresses in China at the buyers expense. This is when your nightmare starts. Why risk it for the sake of a tenner or so?

Ahh I see. Okay, I'd best look for one in the UK then.

I think JooVuu do them for £59.99 with free shipping at the moment.

We don't care about the hundreds of cameras they sold before, what we care about are the ones they're selling now, and by now I mean in the last 6 or 7 months. We're not making this up, there are plenty of evidence to support our complaints. No one is trying to smear their reputation. Unfortunately, their product is doing it by itself. I think it's only fair that potential buyers should be aware of this before deciding to buy a Mobius, instead of finding it out after the fact.

We are the only ones you're aware of but I know there are people outside of DCT who have units with the same problem. Don't you think it's too big a coincidence that we were the only "lucky" ones to get faulty units? Hell, I was so lucky that I got TWO! :confused:
If we had bought them from some "shady" online seller you could argue they're probably counterfeit, but all of us bought them from known and reputable sellers, coincidence or not, the same ones you recommend. @kajmac even bought it directly from eletoponline365!

I would order from Joovuu, one of the reps even hangs around here. And one mobius owner just had a crap experience with Webbex's warranty policy.

Back