Prestigio RoadRunner 545 GPS Firmware update issue.

Aleks

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Hello all, so my friend has an issue with installing RR545GPS.150618.07 firmware update on his RR545,
He follows the instructions but the device wont boot, tried SD card format in device, format out of device etc.

Any tips or help would be greatly apprciated.

ps; sorry for bad English

So basically when he put the SD card in the device , device does nothing, like the bin file isnt there or the device wont recognise it.

the update manual reads as following:

1. Put unpacked *.bin file to SD-card, formatted in the device
  2. Turn on the device with inserted SD-card - updating procedure will start automatically.
  3. The device will finish boot when the updating procedure will be finished
  4. The SD card has to be formatted before recording.
been doing a format inside the device itself.

current device verion seems to be rr545gps.0918.05

Last edited:
when we put it on the SD we put it only as a bin fle, no folders or directories.

you think there should be specified a path?

Also i think maybe its the 60gb SD card itself, becouse when its recording the memory full, it wont overwrite automaticly, needs a reboot. Or is that a feature?

Tried a couple of different Cards, even downloaded an .exe to format the exFat to FAT32 , threw in the bin, slid it inside the cam, and nada, no reactions, and now the cam wont power up or anything.. guess a trip to shop is in order.

Thanks jokiin for your help and time.

Aleks did you uprgade firmware? Got same problem like you, on few diffrent sd cards

ok its problem with file on server. I "uprgaded" to model 545 without gps and its fine but now i havent a gps :( Did someone have other firmware for prestigio 545 gps? that one on server prestigio is broken.

Yes, file on server is broken. I uprgaded =using file from 545 witchout gps and its ok but now i havent a gps and few things. Now I will w8 for answer from prestigio. Thanks anyway ;)

Yes, file on server is broken. I uprgaded =using file from 545 witchout gps and its ok but now i havent a gps and few things. Now I will w8 for answer from prestigio. Thanks anyway ;)

Did you every get an answer back from presigio?

Back