Preview A119 V3 FW1.02

Tractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DCTeam A119 V3 - A119 V2 X 2 - GitUp G3 Duo - Yi DashCam
Here is a YouTube preview of Firmware V1.02. Best viewed in 4K.

I am informed by Viofo that it will be released this week.

Viofo has never increased video Bitrate above 25.7 Mb/s for any of their Dash Cams . . . until NOW (y)
It was a privileged to test drive the A119 V3 1440p FW1.02 at 30.3 Mb/s bitrate with amazing results. The A119 V3 firmware is still being fine tuned but this is the largest leap so far in Bitrate adjustment. Currently testing Parking Modes which seem to work best when connecting power cable to camera side miniUSB port and not the V3 GPS mount. Always reset MENU Default Settings after all firmware updates.
Official Viofo A119 V3 firmware v1.02 now available on website > https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000101427-viofo-a119-v3-dash-camera-firmware

Last edited:
will the GPS power up using the USB port on the camera?

will the GPS power up using the USB port on the camera?
yes, all the Viofo dashcam GPS mounts function the same, camera side port still detects the GPS, just plug it in and look on screen for GPS indicator icon.
Some reports of Parking Modes working more reliably when connecting power cable to camera side miniUSB port and not the V3 GPS mount. Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode works fine from either power connection. Many A129 owners already know the A129 GPS mount doesn't work with Parking Mode, its possible the issue has migrated to the new A119 V3, more testing is required to confirm long duration Parking functionality or just a bad batch of V3 GPS mounts.

Last edited:
was the unit not working properly via the GPS power port?

was the unit not working properly via the GPS power port?
read my reply one post higher, A119V3 power perfectly from GPS mount but to test Parking stability connecting to camera side port seems to work better.
Always reset dashcam Default Settings after all firmware updates.

I turned on parking mode today at 2FPS, power cable is in GPS unit, will update results

Back