Privacy commission (Belgium) : registering dashcam experience?

ServMe

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
mini0803
Hi,

has anyone registered their dashcam in Belgium with the privacy commission yet, or are you planning to, or in the process of doing so?

I've read through all info available (here and regarding belgian law) so far, but a 10 page registration form for a dashcam is not really helpful. If no one has done it yet, I may try contacting the privacy commission myself to see if any specific sections need to be check or unchecked, and then provide the info here.

Registration costs 25 euro btw - www.privacycommission.be

Are you sure that you need a registration? As long as you do not publish your recordings in case of using a dashcam for recreational reasons or process (in Dutch "verwerken") them in case of using a dashcam for evidence after an accident it seems that a registration is not necessary. It is even allowed to process a recording if you are an involved party.

The Dutch text is here, the French text here. It is a theme of the month on the website of Belgian Privacy Commission.

The German automobile association ADAC on her website considers dashcams as being forbidden in Belgium but IMO the Belgian Privacy Commission does not confirm this.

Edit:
In the mean time I found your post #65435 with a translation of the website mentioned above. Now I really do not understand why you decided to register your dashcam.

Last edited:
Back