Probable dying Battery

The internal battery in mine is shockingly bad. If I charge it for two hours in the morning, then by the next day it is usually showing the 'connect to power' warning. It is only since connecting the rear camera that the issue has been happening. As this is the second 512GW unit which has had this issue, I just assumed that the rear camera is the problem or that the firmware for parking mode is hyper sensitive and activates to easily.

Either way, it's a pain and is the reason why I doubt I will ever buy another Nextbase dash cam. If I could afford to buy another manufacturers dash cam now I would.

For info, the camera was hardwired in by Halfords. I installed the rear camera as it's only plugging in a cable to get it working.

Before you sweep Nextbase under the carpet forever ....

Given that the latest 380GW is capacitor powered my guess/hope is that the next range we've heard rumoured about may also be capacitor.
I don't use parking mode on my 380 but if I wanted to I'd need to purchase the battery pack that clips into place within the unit so easily replaced if necessary. The crevice that it clips into is certainly bigger than a small button battery so should be more than enough for quite a few hours.

Interesting. I chose Nextbase partly *because* of the battery meaning potential for less use of my car battery during parking. But if I can add a battery to a future model that sounds good.

As the battery only comes into use if an 'incident' is detected, it should last a lot longer than overnight. I have checked and parking mode has been activated when a car has driven past mine. There are sometimes 10-15 activations overnight which is ridiculous. It is far too sensitive and needs to be adjusted by Nextbase.

How can a battery be added to a model which already has a battery in it?

It isn't battery over battery but battery over capacitor.

The internal battery in mine is shockingly bad. If I charge it for two hours in the morning, then by the next day it is usually showing the 'connect to power' warning. It is only since connecting the rear camera that the issue has been happening. As this is the second 512GW unit which has had this issue, I just assumed that the rear camera is the problem or that the firmware for parking mode is hyper sensitive and activates to easily.

Either way, it's a pain and is the reason why I doubt I will ever buy another Nextbase dash cam. If I could afford to buy another manufacturers dash cam now I would.

For info, the camera was hardwired in by Halfords. I installed the rear camera as it's only plugging in a cable to get it working.

I've got the rear camera and have got issues ranging from failing to record, poor quality recordings to flat camera battery. Support say this shouldn't be happening so are going to replace them. I don't think the hardware can support two cameras so have removed the rear camera. The 512 on it's own is ok.

Back