Problem: Continuos recording unable to stop.

Chrisforuch

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just purchased a new
DOD RC500S-2CH and it was in recording mode, I pressed the video icon to try and stop recording but it just started again and again. Previously I have been able to just click on the icon and then it stops. Also I noticed that I tried to connect after being in parking mode and it was to connect but kept showing up an error. It may be that the software needs to be updated.

Attachments

• IMG_7576.PNG
    IMG_7576.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 12
I have just purchased a new
DOD RC500S-2CH and it was in recording mode, I pressed the video icon to try and stop recording but it just started again and again. Previously I have been able to just click on the icon and then it stops. Also I noticed that I tried to connect after being in parking mode and it was to connect but kept showing up an error. It may be that the software needs to be updated.
Seems others have had this issue as well.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ow-light-performance.25453/page-2#post-324587

There are 2 issues here.

The first is an app issue that the app developers need to address (the link posted above has the conversation going on with the actual app developer) to fix the bugs in the Android software. My posts in that link were observations using an Android phone, so while I did not get the Token Error on your iPhone, Android users are getting a whole lot of other issues.

The other is more critical and something DOD should be called to task for. The firmware on the camera needs to be worked on by DOD to address features they published in the manual, and to rectify potential communication problems with both iOS/Android apps.

There are 2 issues here.

The first is an app issue that the app developers need to address (the link posted above has the conversation going on with the actual app developer) to fix the bugs in the Android software. My posts in that link were observations using an Android phone, so while I did not get the Token Error on your iPhone, Android users are getting a whole lot of other issues.

to be fair I was looking at one of these yesterday via the Android app and it worked as it should so it's possibly not all flavors of Android that are having issues with the app, still needs fixing but Android is not always straightforward when it comes to this type of thing

to be fair I was looking at one of these yesterday via the Android app and it worked as it should so it's possibly not all flavors of Android that are having issues with the app, still needs fixing but Android is not always straightforward when it comes to this type of thing

I can't agree with the bit about cutting them some slack with the Android platform. For an 'indie' developer creating one-off, specialty dashcams, sure I can accept that. If you are a major player in the market and releasing a product to market at this price point, you test it first across multiple platforms and versions. This is mobile application development 101. I was surprised that they outsourced the iOS/Android app to an external vendor. Time will tell if the app developer rises up to the challenge – I'm hopeful.

It doesn't matter how great the imaging sensor is – the sum experience is greater than all its individual parts. I feel the product has been woefully lacking as a result of my experience – there are too many little things wrong with it overall that it brings the entire product down, which is so unfortunate. I think as more owners of the RC500s show up here, we'll see how widespread this issue is.

I can't agree with the bit about cutting them some slack with the Android platform. .

all I can say is I saw it working on Android no issue, don't get me wrong I'm no fan of DOD at all and not saying you should cut them any slack, the app did work as intended though so perhaps not everyone is going to have as much grief with it as you've experienced, not suggesting you're wrong at all, just that I have seen it to work correctly

I think as more owners of the RC500s show up here, we'll see how w idespread this issue is.

New RC500S owner here... what a nightmare

I managed to do the initial setup with ease before putting in the mem card, then it all went to hell..

I bought this specifically for the great reviews about the image clarity which is all well and good, but my gosh the usability interface of the app is terrible..
I can't adjust any settings while parking mode is enabled because it's recording, but I can't switch off parking mode because it's recording ... and no way to force it to stop recording! -Fixed with FW update
Wi-Fi once enabled (with the button) stays on the entire time (it's been 18 hours now) .. I have to physically disconnect it from power and reconnect it to get it to switch off the Wi-Fi -Fixed with FW Update
the connector for the rear camera is so small, and the wire is so thick it sometimes disconnects due to not having right-angle connectors with the pressure the wiring path puts on it..
Only the first file lock works (by pressing the button) reliably, anytime after it only works sporadically... - Fixed with FW update
some of the features which are mentioned in the manual aren't there (such as custom text stamp on the recording)
As far as I can tell, it's actually writing to the card 24/7 when parking mode is enabled, not just the 15 seconds of motion detection as specified in the manual.. -My error, it was detecting movement even though there was none

I'm pretty disappointed, as I bought 4 for our 4 cars, and all 4 have the same issues... We are also an android family, so I can't tell if this is just related to Android or if it extends to iOS too...

at the moment, in it's current state, I would actively discourage anyone from getting these until this stuff is fixed..

Also, I did do research, but I bought them in early march, and there wasn't a hell of a lot of information out there, only raving reviews about its epic camera..

Last edited:
@George Argus, so sorry to hear you have the same issues. And 4 units, for that matter. Blimey.

I've updated the bug list on my thread here including what was observed with the new firmware update + 2.0.4 android app update.

Some issues have been resolved, but not all. What we can do as customers to call DoD out on this failure of a product that held so much initial promise?

Hello to All .

Just got it today RC500S and whose very happy untill five mins after install it. After That i can't stop recording . I have to update So.

Can i disconect main camera and upgrade in home or Need to do it with both Unit connected?
Sorry If That is silly question. By the way , quality is grate on That cameras. I am using Iphone 7.

Hello to All .

Just got it today RC500S and whose very happy untill five mins after install it. After That i can't stop recording . I have to update So.

Can i disconect main camera and upgrade in home or Need to do it with both Unit connected?
Sorry If That is silly question. By the way , quality is grate on That cameras. I am using Iphone 7.

I bought dod rc500s a month ago.All works perfect.
Today installed permanent power with DPD4.
Same problem constant recording, not possible to stop record, not possible to change settings also.
I will disconnet tomorrow and power it home and try to find upgrade.

I bought dod rc500s a month ago.All works perfect.
Today installed permanent power with DPD4.
Same problem constant recording, not possible to stop record, not possible to change settings also.
I will disconnet tomorrow and power it home and try to find upgrade.

if you're having trouble getting to the settings try starting it up without the memory card in

Did reset at home with my tablet, all works fine now.
I think the problem was my new galaxy s8+ because the wifi setting of het s8+ is different always check/search internet connecting, that makes problems I think.
Anyway thx for your help.

Back