Problem: RC500s stops recording! :(

alwaysec

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It worked yesterday for a while and when i started my card just now, the dash cam didnt start. the red Rec light was up with a "sound" and thats it. I tried to reset it for a few times, it still didnt work. it happened yesterday too, but i somehow "fixed" it (or not?) by resetting the cam. Anyone can help me? I actually was trying to record a few footage for the seller because there were dozens of hot pixels in the footage it recorded yesterday and the video quality is quite poor (cant pick up any plate number of the parking cars when I was driving at 20km/h)

LD 32gb (first time to see this brand, never heard of it. but it did work last night).

LD 32gb (first time to see this brand, never heard of it. but it did work last night).

never heard of them either but you'd think it must be suitable if they've supplied it with the camera, have you formatted the cards in the camera at all?

the card is in fat32. I didnt format the card and it worked yesterday. I formatted my own samsung 64gb on my computer.

the card is in fat32. I didnt format the card and it worked yesterday. I formatted my own samsung 64gb on my computer.

format in the camera, computers don't format memory cards correctly without using 3rd party software

format in the camera, computers don't format memory cards correctly without using 3rd party software
cant get the camera work :( ! I did use 3rd party to format my samsung to fat32 (otherwise only exFAT and NTFS available)

The seller has been contacted. Dashcamsaustralia received a footage recorded yesterday.

Do you think it is the micro-sd that caused the issue (Rec indicator is constantly on but nothing else)?

The seller has been contacted. Dashcamsaustralia received a footage recorded yesterday.

Do you think it is the micro-sd that caused the issue (Rec indicator is constantly on but nothing else)?

trying a second card and still having the same problem would lean toward the problem being elsewhere

Dashcamsaustralia suggested me to send back the unit to them or have it tested by DOD. They are based in Melbourne and I live in Sydney, so I wonder if DOD have an office in Sydney where I can pop in today or tomorrow? Bought the dashcam for the Easter holiday :(

Sent the dashcam back to the retailer. Hope they can fix it soon. Bought it for the easter though. Now i have to use the old cheapie G1W-C on my brand new and expensive car :(

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem and ended up returning the camera to dod for replacement, the new one seems to work ok but for the price you would think they would have done more testing on these!

And now the replacement is doing the same thing! Fed up with this brand and the constant issues.

Apparently this is a known issue and there will be a firmware release in early April to fix it, if this doesn’t resolve the constant recording issues the camera will be going back.

Is it in parking mode, I find mine stops recording cause it won’t get out of parking mode

Back