Problem regarding Yi camera's poor video quality and some other problems

Kamrul Hasan Shuvo

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Dash Cam
Xiaoyi Yi
Hello There!

I'm new in this forum and recently bought xiaoyi yi cam. I know this is a pretty old model, but in a low cost, this is one of the best action camera in the market. After a few days of usage, I found some problems. With my unit, image quality is excellent, but outdoor video quality is not up to the mark and it seems disappointing to me.
dcim-100media-by-kamrul-hasan-shuvo

dcim-100media-by-kamrul-hasan-shuvo

Those are the photos taken with my yi camera.
Here is the video taken by it.

What should I do to improve the video quality than before? I'm windows phone user, so it is not possible to me to use scripts now. But let me know about the procedures.... :(

And, last but not least, when I connect my camera with PC by using USB cable, it hangs after 10-12 seconds. I've tried other memory cards, but it didn't work. solutions of the problems are much needed :(

I will be glad, if I found solutions from you, guys.... :)
Thanks in advance :)

First off, load the 35mpbs bit rate firmware, then try again. That or run the Yimax pro script, which also improves things. Both are pretty easy to find in the main yi action cam forum.

First off, load the 35mpbs bit rate firmware, then try again. That or run the Yimax pro script, which also improves things. Both are pretty easy to find in the main yi action cam forum.

Thank you bro.... I've done some experiment in 240fps and 120fps. Both videos are getting blackish and haven't any sound. why it's happening?

the 720p120 setting doesn't record sound. If it's dark, try shooting in a better lit area.

I use YiCam ( Yi 1) no problem when recording outdoor, but from your video It seem its cloudy outside, try to make other video when sun shines brightly.

For connecting YiCam with PC, I often connect directly Yicam to PC using USB cable, after plugging USB on both yicam and PC then please turn yicam ON, then the PC will detect it as storage, and you can download picture or video easily.

My video on how to connect yicam directly to PC

Back