Problem switching wifi aps

rodenas

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all, I have two problems with my 750:

- I have configured a hotspot in my car. Most of the time the camera switches correctly to my home ap, but quite a few times it doesn't switch and I lose connectivity with the camera, since I have no data connection in the garage. I'm forcing the camera to reset at 1 a.m. and then it switches correctly, but it's not the ideal solution...
I've tried to switch off the hotspot for a few days, and I can see that sometimes the camera doesn't connect to the ap when I arrive home (the ap is 2-3 meters away from the car, signal is strong).
It looks like the camera scans for aps when it feels like it? I'm a bit confused here.

- The other problem is that the camera continuously broadcast its own ssid, I've played with auto on/auto off settings but I cannot find a way to fully disable it.

Thanks for your help!

Does that actually matter much?
Well, not a lot, but I would prefer the camera to be completely stealth. Furthermore, I think that having that ap running would have some consumption (probably small, but unneeded anyway).
I'd prefer to have it switched off, but since I cannot manage to do so (don't know if it's a camera/firmware fault), that's why I was asking.

Ah I see, just realised that the camera's AP would be running as well as the cameras WiFi client. Hadn't thought of that.

Back