Problem ThiEye T5E - Black screen & LED's on after firmware update

kevindesousa

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,

I bought the Thieye T5E on March 2, 2017, everything was going well, I'm really happy with the quality of this camera. Having ordered the original remote Thieye, I received yesterday, I wanted to associate with the camera via bluetooth, it said to me "error bt pairing ..."

I thought there was maybe an update to do, I downloaded the update "TI / UN7-171114-V5.1" because the remote that I have is the ThiEYE Remote Control R E M O.

I put the file fireware.bin in the root of the SD card, and since when I turn on the camera (with or without the SD card), I have a black screen (without menu) and all the blue leds light.

I tried to plug it into the computer, it does the same thing, and on another computer, I installed DirectUSB, and when I want to connect the camera, it doesn't detect it at all.

So I can't try to install the firmware again ...

What should I do?

27845568_1792126840831565_1140171547_o.jpg27746518_1792127114164871_32592225_o.jpg27835377_1792927747418141_713081176_o.jpg

There's a certain key sequence you need to press after installing everything when connecting the camera to the computer to get directusb to recognise, and even then sometimes you have to reflash it a few times to get it to work if its really stuffed, but ive never totally bricked mine beyond repair either. Forgot the details, can look it up at home.

It didn't work.

I still managed to solve my problem.
For those who would have the same problem.

Since I couldn't "enter" the camera when I plugged it on the computer (it told me that the device wasn't recognized),
I put the SD card of my camera in my phone (which was empty), I added an AMBA folder with the .elf file that I had recovered when I downloaded the firmware.
I also added the firmware.bin file in the root of the card.
I put this card in the camera, I turned it on and the firmware could be reinstalled, after waiting 3 minutes, I deleted the firmware by putting the card in my phone and my camera works again.

Thank you all the same for the answer.

Best regards

I'm intrigued about your post which though dated now, is exactly what happened to mine recently. I have the same cam (t5e) - little used - with mic port and upgrading it to the new software caused the same issue. Black screen, blue lights and not much else. Your solution intrigued me as I have tried various things including dialogue with ThiEYE which hasn't provided results; and even going back to the previous software, with no succes there either. I want to try your solution but I am on Mac. Its pretty straight forward initialising the Micro SD Card (exFAT or MS-DOS (FAT) ) and loading the new upgrade (and or the original software which I still have). Its all pretty straight forward as long as one follows their instructions. However, still no joy. When I read your post, your use of the AMBA folder was interesting. I read it up at the ARM site. Do you think it made the difference in restoring your camera. Could I acquire it? I have noticed that this issue has happened to quite a few people so there must be a fault in the software. I wonder why ThiEYE don't have a download fix. They must be aware of it. Any advice would be appreciated. regards

When I read your post, your use of the AMBA folder was interesting. I read it up at the ARM site. Do you think it made the difference in restoring your camera.
I realise it's old
... Once a cam is bricked, - using a SD card to "update" or recover won't work, and the cam needs to be put into recovery mode
Recovery software "USUALLY" requires a
windows PC, even Mac emulation doesn't work.
ALSO you will require the correct firmware .elf file.

Some info might help

Last edited:
Back