Problem updating Firmware 1.5 to Viofo A129

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
I followed Viofo instructions exactly and tried everything I can think of with multiple formatted SD cards in PC & Mac for literally hours and still I can not get 1.5 onto the camera... What am I doing wrong?

I followed Viofo instructions exactly and tried everything I can think of with multiple formatted SD cards in PC & Mac for literally hours and still I can not get 1.5 onto the camera... What am I doing wrong?

You need to change the file name of the new version before you copy it to your SD card. I can’t remember off the top of my head, I’ll check for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what file did you download and from where?

FWA129.bin

Rename the file to the name above and try again

oh I didn't know you have to chase the file name... Why didnt Viofo say it on their Firmware web page

you shouldn't have to, make sure you have the correct file, don't go renaming a different firmware file

Sorry, I don’t want to cause the OP any problems. I updated to v1.5 4uj and had to change the file name to make it work, info taken from the first post in the Mods parking firmware’ thread

1eb42290fb83029003754549c2fee47f.jpg

I can see the file on the Viofo site should already have the correct file name.

and your SD card must be formatted with a Fat32 file system.

FWA129.bin

Rename the file to the name above and try again

OK Thanks I changed file name like you said and it worked! Thank you so much. What a headache this was for me. Very frustrating following instructions from Viofo over and over and all I had to do was re-name the bin file. Would of been nice if @viofo said that in their instructions Thanks for the help I finally can get this back in my car thanks again. Have a happy holidays guys and all the best thanks fo the help

Sorry, I don’t want to cause the OP any problems. I updated to v1.5 4uj and had to change the file name to make it work, info taken from the first post in the Mods parking firmware’ thread

yes, the firmware file name is specific to a camera. any firmware version for A129 (for example) must have the same file name = FWA129.bin, including MOD firmware..

thanks OK, I will eventually try out the mod versions. I just wanted to get the 1.5 on to check out the hard wire parking modes. thanks

Last edited:
OK Thanks I caned it like you said and it worked! Thank you so much. What a headache this was for me. Very frustrating following instructions from Viofo over and over and all I had to do was re-name the bin file. Would of been nice if @viofo said that in their instructions Thanks for the help I finally can get this back in my car thanks again. Have a happy holidays guys and all the best thanks fo the help

Happy to help, I was in the exact same position as you about a month ago, it wasn’t until I read the first post (the one in the pic I posted) that it fell into place. Took me about an hour of repeating the wrong steps over and over as per the Viofo ‘support’ page.

Happy (safe) motoring [emoji16]

the modified firmware needs to be renamed, he mentioned Viofo instructions though, if it's the original firmware it isn't an issue, if using Linux or a Chromebook though it is necessary to rename the file extension from .bin to .BIN or it won't load

the modified firmware needs to be renamed, he mentioned Viofo instructions though, if it's the original firmware it isn't an issue, if using Linux or a Chromebook though it is necessary to rename the file extension from .bin to .BIN or it won't load

I didn’t pick up on the fact he said the Viofo instructions. I just remembered the problems I had recently and got excited to help someone lol. It’s normally me asking for help! I still need to install my HK3, it’s all wired up with a switch added to it so I can choose to run it ACC only, or fully functional with Parking Mode. I don’t need PM when it’s parked at home.

lol now I'm stuck in the EV mode while I was configuring my cam. I am having bad luck today. I went down the menu to check each setting and when I got to EV it will not let me get out of it so I can continue checking the other menu settings. This is ridiculous. lol

lol now I'm stuck in the EV mode while I was configuring my cam. I am having bad luck today. I went down the menu to check each setting and when I got to EV it will not let me get out of it so I can continue checking the other menu settings. This is ridiculous. lol

Disconnect from power and then reconnect, the good old ‘turn it off and on again’ can work wonders.

yes the disconnect from power and re-connect got me out of stuck menu EV parameter. I must of power cycled this cam over 80 times trying to install the V1.5 firmware, and wasted over 2 hours of my time because @viofo neglected to put in their instructions "make certain you re-name the file". Last time when it went from 1.2 to 1.3 they left the 1.2 on the bottom of the page and the 1.3 on the top of the firmware page and that time I kept updating my 1.2 to 1.2 not knowing that there were two separate files at that time. I wasted hours with it then too, its so funny that its pathetic lol. thanks @viofo

yes the disconnect from power and re-connect got me out of stuck menu EV parameter. I must of power cycled this cam over 80 times trying to install the V1.5 firmware, and wasted over 2 hours of my time because @viofo neglected to put in their instructions "make certain you re-name the file". Last time when it went from 1.2 to 1.3 they left the 1.2 on the bottom of the page and the 1.3 on the top of the firmware page and that time I kept updating my 1.2 to 1.2 not knowing that there were two separate files at that time. I wasted hours with it then too, its so funny that its pathetic lol. thanks @viofo

they didn't neglect that, it is already the correct filename

Back